+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for mother of a PR- during covid

SiminB

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
Hi everyone, I am preparing my mother's application. I have PR, so I think I should mention COVID-19 as the purpose of travel in form 5257e, right? Should that be mentioned anywhere else too?

Also, should I mention anything related to COVID in her letter of explanation or my invitation letter? I mean should she have a quarantine plan?

She will not come to Canada now as it may not be safe, we are putting July/August as the travel date in the forms though, will that cause an issue? Should we also include a flight ticket?
Any help/tip will be appreciated!

Thanks!

Khush2127

Oct 12, 2018
Hi everyone, I am preparing my mother's application. I have PR, so I think I should mention COVID-19 as the purpose of travel in form 5257e, right? Should that be mentioned anywhere else too?

Also, should I mention anything related to COVID in her letter of explanation or my invitation letter? I mean should she have a quarantine plan?

She will not come to Canada now as it may not be safe, we are putting July/August as the travel date in the forms though, will that cause an issue? Should we also include a flight ticket?
Any help/tip will be appreciated!

Thanks!
I guess you need to provide quarantine plan even if its for August/July. I don't think you need to add tickets.

Reactions: SiminB

SiminB

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
I guess you need to provide quarantine plan even if its for August/July. I don't think you need to add tickets.
Thanks a lot. So maybe just in the letter of explanation, I can mention that she will follow the quarantine rule, she will stay at my apartment, and since I'm working from home, I can quarantine myself too. Would that be enough?

Khush2127

Oct 12, 2018
Thanks a lot. So maybe just in the letter of explanation, I can mention that she will follow the quarantine rule, she will stay at my apartment, and since I'm working from home, I can quarantine myself too. Would that be enough?
Two things to mention, I came to know that Biometric for Visitor visas are suspended in India. So check that first,
Secondly, you need to have a separate room for them. You cannot be in same room with them, else you have to book hotel.

Reactions: SiminB

SiminB

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
Thanks a lot for the help! Fortunately, she did the biometrics in the last 10 years (for her previous visitor visa).

Swathi.life

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot for the help! Fortunately, she did the biometrics in the last 10 years (for her previous visitor visa).
my parents did biometrics in 2015, their visa expired, I didnt know about this rule, so i dint apply for their visa ..so will that ok to apply now ?

SiminB

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
i just checked, they had visitor visa from 2016 which expired last year. But that link says not applicable, they have not found any biometrics
That's wiered! My mom's visa was also in 2016 and she did the biometric at that time, and the system shows it as valid. Maybe it depends on the country? My mom did it in Turkey.

Swathi.life

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's wiered! My mom's visa was also in 2016 and she did the biometric at that time, and the system shows it as valid. Maybe it depends on the country? My mom did it in Turkey.
oh my parents did in India, but if you had the biometrics ready, which they can get it from Dubai, are they still approving the visitor visas ? because they are not letting the visitors enter

SiminB

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
but they are not proceeding further the biometrics, even if my parents get the biometrics in Dubai, how will the visa get approved ?
Are you sure about this? I've heard that they process visas, but it may take longer than usual. Also as mentioned on the link I sent, you should write the reason for travel "COVID-19" to show that your parents are exempted from travel restrictions.
That is what I understand by reading posts here and talking to friends, I submitted my mom's application last night. FIngers crossed!

Swathi.life

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you sure about this? I've heard that they process visas, but it may take longer than usual. Also as mentioned on the link I sent, you should write the reason for travel "COVID-19" to show that your parents are exempted from travel restrictions.
That is what I understand by reading posts here and talking to friends, I submitted my mom's application last night. FIngers crossed!
i thought they are only accepting for compassionate reasons like immediate family member is sick or dead. All the posts in this forum say theirs is on hold since last year, even after biometics, so what should we show in quarantine plan ? i have an extra room in my aparment that they can stay in, if i mention it in my invitation letter is it enough ? or else do i have to book the 3 days hotel quarantine and sumit that proof ?

SiminB

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
i thought they are only accepting for compassionate reasons like immediate family member is sick or dead. All the posts in this forum say theirs is on hold since last year, even after biometics, so what should we show in quarantine plan ? i have an extra room in my aparment that they can stay in, if i mention it in my invitation letter is it enough ? or else do i have to book the 3 days hotel quarantine and sumit that proof ?
Those with compassionate reasons have a different process I belive (https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/compassionate-entry-limited-release-from-quarantine.html)

I am also not sure about the quarantine plan and how detailed it should be in the visitor visa application. I only mentioned that in the invitation letter and the purpose of the travel letter, that for 14 days she will stay in a separate bedroom in my apartment and since I am working from home, I will quarantine myself too. Hope that is enough! I dont think we should book the hotel now. that is for their arrival. I expect that the process will take longer than usual. I put July as the travel date, hopefully, I will hear back by then.