+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for Mom

HoneymoonSG

Sep 15, 2018
Hello
I’m applying visitor visa for my mom. There is a section to upload documents for proof of finances. My mom has around 70000 RS/- ( 1500cad) bank balance in her bank account . Is that enough to apply for visitor visa . I will be paying for her flights and accommodation. Any thoughts are appreciated
Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello
I’m applying visitor visa for my mom. There is a section to upload documents for proof of finances. My mom has around 70000 RS/- ( 1500cad) bank balance in her bank account . Is that enough to apply for visitor visa . I will be paying for her flights and accommodation. Any thoughts are appreciated
Thank you
In general IRCC likes to see that visitors can support their own travels but there have been some applications where that is overlooked. All you can do is try. Does she have strong ties to her home country?

HoneymoonSG

Sep 15, 2018
In general IRCC likes to see that visitors can support their own travels but there have been some applications where that is overlooked. All you can do is try. Does she have strong ties to her home country?
Hi
Thank you for reply . My parents are constructing their new home there so that’s what Was mentioned as strong ties in letter of purpose . Are the chances of rejection high if I say that I will be supporting her stay and travel ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
Thank you for reply . My parents are constructing their new home there so that’s what Was mentioned as strong ties in letter of purpose . Are the chances of rejection high if I say that I will be supporting her stay and travel ?
A home is a good tie. Impossible to say whether her lack of funds will result in a refusal.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is there any specific amount that she needs to show as fixed deposit ? I couldn’t find how much bank balance are they looking for ?
No specific amount. Assume you may be considering transferring. There is no point since it will be clear that you transferred the money and it wasn’t the money she earned.

HoneymoonSG

Sep 15, 2018
No specific amount. Assume you may be considering transferring. There is no point since it will be clear that you transferred the money and it wasn’t the money she earned.
If they get the money from someone else within India and not me - do u think that will work ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the info . Do U think there is anyway to show funds - like owning properties?
They should definitely provide proof that they own property and are building a home and the estimated worth. Also include any bank accounts. Would include proof of your savings as additional information.

HoneymoonSG

Sep 15, 2018
They should definitely provide proof that they own property and are building a home and the estimated worth. Also include any bank accounts. Would include proof of your savings as additional information.
Thanks for the information and taking time to answer my questions