+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for minor child

Jan 6, 2024
Hi,

I am currently in Canada got PR in 2021 along with my wife who is also in PR.
My daughter was born in Feb 2023 in India.

Currently I have applied for sponsorship visa for my daughter, the application got approved on Jan 3rd and it is currently in New Delhi visa office for further processing.
Please confirm how long will it take for the sponsorship to complete.

In the mean time I am planning to apply for visitor visa for my daughter alone to bring her to Canada.
Please confirm whether I can apply for visitor visa since the sponsorship application is still in progress.
In case if I can apply for the visitor visa, whether I can apply the visa from my IRCC account.

Appreciate for any suggestions.
Thanks in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Currently I have applied for sponsorship visa for my daughter, the application got approved on Jan 3rd and it is currently in New Delhi visa office for further processing.

In the mean time I am planning to apply for visitor visa for my daughter alone to bring her to Canada.
Please confirm whether I can apply for visitor visa since the sponsorship application is still in progress.
In case if I can apply for the visitor visa, whether I can apply the visa from my IRCC account.

Thanks in advance
What do you mean by sponsorship visa? Do you mean you applied for her PR?

Rejoice2u

Jun 22, 2019
Hi,

Thanks in advance
hi sasidharan, what do you mean sponsership? you applied for your childs PR from outside canada?

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
You apply for visitor visa on a different website, not the same one as you applied for PR.

When you apply, just tell them the whole story and hopefully they will approve the TRV.

I applied TRV for my daughter and it was approved after I told IRCC that my plan was to bring to her Canada and apply for PR within Canada.