+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa for in laws

gingersunny

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Hello everyone,

Just a quick question regarding visitors visas. As we are expecting a baby soon, we have applied for a visitor visa to my In-laws on 13th March 2021, we have received the confirmation of submission of application and letter of request for biometrics. We have been trying to book an appointment at VFS Hyd, India, but due to a pandemic situation, they are only giving appointments to study visa applicants and family-sponsored permanent residency applicants. We were only given 3 months deadline to submit the biometrics, now the question can CIC extend the deadline automatically, or do we have to reapply for the visitor visa. I still see that VFS India is not issuing appointments for visitor visa applicants. Can anyone who has faced a similar kind of situation please help me.

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

Just a quick question regarding visitors visas. As we are expecting a baby soon, we have applied for a visitor visa to my In-laws on 13th March 2021, we have received the confirmation of submission of application and letter of request for biometrics. We have been trying to book an appointment at VFS Hyd, India, but due to a pandemic situation, they are only giving appointments to study visa applicants and family-sponsored permanent residency applicants. We were only given 3 months deadline to submit the biometrics, now the question can CIC extend the deadline automatically, or do we have to reapply for the visitor visa. I still see that VFS India is not issuing appointments for visitor visa applicants. Can anyone who has faced a similar kind of situation please help me.

Thank you.
Discussions are in the Visitor section of the forum. Post your questions there.