+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for in laws rejected.

venkat2c

Nov 11, 2010
Hello All,

I am on work permit in canada. My in laws visitor visa got rejected last week. My wife is pregnant and wanted in laws during that period. The reasons mentioned were

1. They may not leave Canada.
2. Travel history
3. Length of proposed stay in canada.
4. Financial status
5. Personal assist and employment situation.

I am planning to apply for the second time, but I need some suggestions, for all the mentioned reasons, I am planning to provide additional documentation like,

1. They may not leave Canada. - I have confirmed to and return tickets which I booked even before applying visa for first time, but I did not produce this during the first time.
2. Travel history - They dont have any travel history outside India, so cant help in this.
3. Length of proposed stay in canada. - I have reduced the period in the application to the exact dates in the tickets, intially i mentioned 4 months, now, I made it 1 month for father in law and 3 months for mother in law
4. Financial status - Initially we have not included any property documents which were on the name of other family members, now planning to include every property detail in my in laws family,
Also, I am planning to boost up the bank balances of in laws. Will that be a problem if they find suddenly money adding into the accounts after first rejection?
5. Personal assist and employment situation. - I have my work permit till dec 2012. but my company will extend it for sure, Will it suffice if I get a letter from my company stating that they would like to retain me and extend the work permit?

Also, I am including the medical and scan reports of my spouse to prove that the purpose is genuine.

Please let me know if there is anything else I should take care. Also let me know if the above mentioned details would work?

Thanks,

venkat2c

Nov 11, 2010
Hello, Can anyone please update if the above mentioned reasons would suffice? Also, mentioning in the Invitation letter about wife's pregnancy will be any problem?

Please let me know.

venkat2c

Nov 11, 2010
My in laws visa was issued today. All we did is wrote a convincing covering letter with all the mentioned documents.
It just took 1 day to process the visa.

Thanks,

snam

May 4, 2012
Hi Venkat,

I am in exactly the same situation. I have got my inlaws visa rejected. They have asked for
1) Travel History
2) Not sufficient financial status for my inlaws to support.

Can you help me out how have you replied.
Whats the best way to contact you.

venkat2c

Nov 11, 2010
Hello Snam, I was in a same boat till last week. When you resubmit the application,

1. let your covering letter be so polite and convincing with all the details.
2. Have your property assessed by a Registered Chartered Accountant with a detailed summary sheet.
3. This should contain bank statements, properties, FD's.
4. Have a travel iterinary to and fro.
5. If you are inviting for the reason as your wife is pregnant, include doctor reports and scan reports.
I requested my doctor to provide a letter that, she needs special care during pregnancy.
6. Got my Invitation letter notarizes.

This is what I have done.
you can contact me at venkat2c@gmail.com

snam

May 4, 2012
Thanks Venkat2c.

I have actually included everything what you have mentioned, other than the travel to and fro docs.
But I am waiting for the scanned copy from my inlaw and will get back to you.

Thanks again for your reply.