+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for husband Refused - reapply

heyven100

May 13, 2016
Hi
We are going to submit our PR application, but my husband applied for a visitor visa for 4 months it got refused.
Main reasons were:

-families ties in canada and in country of residence
-purpose of visit
-travel history

He submitted stamps for visits, and provided family form, but only stated the purpose of the visit in the Letter of explanation.

I work for an airline, so we provided only sample of a staff ticket he will have, (did not provide return flight), and the purpose of the visit was to be with his wife for a short period.

Is it really that hard to get a TRV if you marry a canadian citizen?

We are reapply to ask only for one month because my parents want to have a wedding party here before our wedding gets "old".

Any suggestions for anyone who has got approved??

Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - it's generally more difficult to obtain a TRV if your spouse is Canadian since CIC often believes you have plans to remain in Canada long term and aren't a genuine visitor.

Requesting a four month visit was unfortunately a mistake since it demonstrates lack of ties to the home country. If you want to try reapplying, ask for 2-3 weeks maximum.

What evidence did your husband provide to show proof of ties to his home country? If there's anything he failed to include the first time around (e.g. property ownership), you should include it in the second round.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
heyven100 said:
We are going to submit our PR application, but my husband applied for a visitor visa for 4 months it got refused.
Main reasons were:

-families ties in canada and in country of residence
-purpose of visit
-travel history

He submitted stamps for visits, and provided family form, but only stated the purpose of the visit in the Letter of explanation.

I work for an airline, so we provided only sample of a staff ticket he will have, (did not provide return flight), and the purpose of the visit was to be with his wife for a short period.
Four months is not a "short period". What wedding party lasts 4 months? As Scylla mentioned, max 3 weeks.

In general CIC wants to see evidence that he is going back and everything suggests he is not.

heyven100

May 13, 2016
Jalex23 said:
Four months is not a "short period". What wedding party lasts 4 months? As Scylla mentioned, max 3 weeks.

In general CIC wants to see evidence that he is going back and everything suggests he is not.
I think you misread my msgs and I feel mocked by your response, I said in first application we asked for 4 months.

Now we are re-applying and we will mention the purpose of the visit is to attend wedding party arranged by my parents. So looking for a one month or two weeks visa NOW.

heyven100

May 13, 2016
scylla said:
Yes - it's generally more difficult to obtain a TRV if your spouse is Canadian since CIC often believes you have plans to remain in Canada long term and aren't a genuine visitor.

Requesting a four month visit was unfortunately a mistake since it demonstrates lack of ties to the home country. If you want to try reapplying, ask for 2-3 weeks maximum.

What evidence did your husband provide to show proof of ties to his home country? If there's anything he failed to include the first time around (e.g. property ownership), you should include it in the second round.
Thanks so much for your response/input -- it might be bit harder but we will still give it a shot, I read a thread about an applicant, same situation as me, who received a visitor visa while PR was being processed.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
heyven100 said:
Thanks so much for your response/input -- it might be bit harder but we will still give it a shot, I read a thread about an applicant, same situation as me, who received a visitor visa while PR was being processed.
While I do not know which thread you're referring to.... the applicant in that thread was most probably approved for a TRV after his/her PR file was transferred + that applicant must have demonstrated strong reasons to return to his/her home country.

As scylla and Jalex23 have explained, keep the visit to 2-3 weeks max. + your husband must prove he has reasons to go back (and not remain in Canada while his PR app is filed/processed)