+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for grand mother

al ikram anik

Oct 19, 2016
Hi,
Me and my wife is going to invite(visit visa) my wife's grand-mom here in Canada from Bangladesh...I know we have to provide our letter of employment to immigration ...my question is, are they(immigration) going to call our employer, to check if I'm working or not? Because I'm planning to leave the job and start my study...Thank you so much in advance... :) :) :)

BonManush

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
13-Nov-2015, SA: 27-Nov-2015, AOR2: 01-Dec-2015
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2015
Med's Request
06-Jun-2016 (re-medical)
Med's Done....
06-Jun-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-Jul-2016
LANDED..........
14-Aug-2016
Last time my dad invited my nephew from Bangladesh for a short trip to Canada, all he did was write up the invitation letter. We didn't need to show any employment letter or bank balance. It probably helped that my nephew with his whole family (wife and a kid) were able to show ties back home and more than enough money in account.

I personally don't think they will be calling your employer but somebody correct me if I'm wrong. Most important part of your grandma's visit visa application is to show enough ties back home so that she will indeed go back at the end of the visit. It helps if the trip is only a few weeks long. If it's a longer stay then it's much tougher to get approved. How her expense will be met could be shown from either side as long as you are able to draw a complete picture.

Good luck!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
For invitation letters they don't call employers as far as I'm aware. I have both: sent my recent paystubs and not sent any at all. With the paystubs they didn't call me on arrival, without they did. Both situations were fine at the airport.