+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for friend

Sisam

Jun 21, 2018
Hi,
I have a close friend who want to come to visit us this summer and want me to send an invitation letter.
when I am writing the invitation letter I will make sure to mention that he will stay with us but will be responsible for his own expenses or any other cost he will incur during the trip.
will I still be held responsible in case if he is unable to pay or leave in time.
Do I have any responsibility in that case, I know I am writing the letter in good faith and I trust the person but will I be held responsible in any way.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,
I have a close friend who want to come to visit us this summer and want me to send an invitation letter.
when I am writing the invitation letter I will make sure to mention that he will stay with us but will be responsible for his own expenses or any other cost he will incur during the trip.
will I still be held responsible in case if he is unable to pay or leave in time.
Do I have any responsibility in that case, I know I am writing the letter in good faith and I trust the person but will I be held responsible in any way.
No. The invitation letter is not legally enforceable nor binding

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Then what is the purpose of invitation letter
To establish a genuine purpose of visit (to meet you) + to state the extent of the support your friend will have when he visits (you will provide accommodation = He doesn't need to pay for hotels)