+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for fiancé

12singaa

Jan 1, 2020
Hello everyone,
I'm getting married next year, in January. So I can't apply for my wife's PR until then, I was wondering if she could visit me on a visitor visa and wait for PR here instead of back home as it could take upto a year. She got a job back home and funds aren't going to be a problem.

Also want to add that she was once refused for a visitor visa (may 2019) when her cousin applied for it. In that application they mentioned that she was going to look for job opportunities here in Canada, which was obviously a red flag for the visa officer.

Just want to know when I should apply for it and what kinda of documentation will be required for it. I'm thinking of trying in April so she can hopefully come here for a couple of weeks during the summer and hoping for a 10 year visa so she can come to Canada with me after the wedding.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,
I'm getting married next year, in January. So I can't apply for my wife's PR until then, I was wondering if she could visit me on a visitor visa and wait for PR here instead of back home as it could take upto a year. She got a job back home and funds aren't going to be a problem.

Also want to add that she was once refused for a visitor visa (may 2019) when her cousin applied for it. In that application they mentioned that she was going to look for job opportunities here in Canada, which was obviously a red flag for the visa officer.

Just want to know when I should apply for it and what kinda of documentation will be required for it. I'm thinking of trying in April so she can hopefully come here for a couple of weeks during the summer and hoping for a 10 year visa so she can come to Canada with me after the wedding.
You can certainly try. She needs to adress the concerns that were raised in her previous refusal.