Aug 4, 2013
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
Hi,

I am a PR here in Canada. I got engaged recently and planning to get married sometime in December. My fiancé and I want to celebrate our honeymoon in Canada in January and for that purpose, we want to apply for her visitor visa now.

Our sole intention for this visitor application is to celebrate our honeymoon in Canada and that's all. She is working full-time as a Software engineer in India and will be going back after the month long trip. We do not intend to apply for a change in status or whatever from within Canada and will be filing for her Spousal PR as an outland applicant. We will mention all of this in the explanation/invitation letter.

My questions are,

1. based on your personal or forum experience what are the chances of this application being considered for an approval by VO? Is it even worth our time and effort going forward with this? considering the fact that from a VO's perspective there is clear chance/opportunity for applicant to remain in Canada no matter what we state our intention is.

2. Let's say we go ahead and apply now and application gets rejected, will that cause any friction if we apply for Visitor visa while her PR is in process?

I appreciate your input.
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I am a PR here in Canada. I got engaged recently and planning to get married sometime in December. My fiancé and I want to celebrate our honeymoon in Canada in January and for that purpose, we want to apply for her visitor visa now.

Our sole intention for this visitor application is to celebrate our honeymoon in Canada and that's all. She is working full-time as a Software engineer in India and will be going back after the month long trip. We do not intend to apply for a change in status or whatever from within Canada and will be filing for her Spousal PR as an outland applicant. We will mention all of this in the explanation/invitation letter.

My questions are,

1. based on your personal or forum experience what are the chances of this application being considered for an approval by VO? Is it even worth our time and effort going forward with this? considering the fact that from a VO's perspective there is clear chance/opportunity for applicant to remain in Canada no matter what we state our intention is.

2. Let's say we go ahead and apply now and application gets rejected, will that cause any friction if we apply for Visitor visa while her PR is in process?

I appreciate your input.
Thanks
1. It's hard for anyone here to say what the chances are. If she has previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the US and UK, that will increase her chances. Also, if she can show that she has significant savings and / or property. She should obviously show evidence of employer. It's always worth a try. I would recommend you keep the trip to 2-3 weeks (vs. one month).
2. If the application gets rejected, you will need to declare this refusal in the PR application and any future TRV application. The chances of a TRV application being approved will likely go down once you're married. IRCC will also consider the fact that she has already been refused once.

Reactions: rajeshb220591

rajeshb220591

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
1. It's hard for anyone here to say what the chances are. If she has previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the US and UK, that will increase her chances. Also, if she can show that she has significant savings and / or property. She should obviously show evidence of employer. It's always worth a try. I would recommend you keep the trip to 2-3 weeks (vs. one month).
2. If the application gets rejected, you will need to declare this refusal in the PR application and any future TRV application. The chances of a TRV application being approved will likely go down once you're married. IRCC will also consider the fact that she has already been refused once.
Thank you for your response, scylla.
We have decided to go ahead with the application now and will keep the trip to 2-3 weeks.

Btw, I need some help reviewing the following:
My fiance's HR has asked her to provide a sample version of the Letter of employment as the HR doesn't have a template that can be used for Visa purposes.

Does this look like a decently framed letter to you? do you advise any changes?

DD/Month/YYYY

Subject: Verification of Employment for Canadian Visitor visa application, xyzName

This letter is to certify that Ms.xyz has been employed with xyz Inc. on a full-time permanent basis as a Sr. Software Engineer since 01 Jan 2019. Her compensation is xyz per annum.

We would like to endorse the fact that our company has no objection to her travelling to Canada for a 3 week period (as she has sufficiently accumulated and earned holidays). The company has already sanctioned her leave request which can be availed at her discretion between the period of February - March. We expect her to report for work upon completion of her approved vacation period.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.

Sincerely,
HR information here

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your response, scylla.
We have decided to go ahead with the application now and will keep the trip to 2-3 weeks.

Btw, I need some help reviewing the following:
My fiance's HR has asked her to provide a sample version of the Letter of employment as the HR doesn't have a template that can be used for Visa purposes.

Does this look like a decently framed letter to you? do you advise any changes?

DD/Month/YYYY

Subject: Verification of Employment for Canadian Visitor visa application, xyzName

This letter is to certify that Ms.xyz has been employed with xyz Inc. on a full-time permanent basis as a Sr. Software Engineer since 01 Jan 2019. Her compensation is xyz per annum.

We would like to endorse the fact that our company has no objection to her travelling to Canada for a 3 week period (as she has sufficiently accumulated and earned holidays). The company has already sanctioned her leave request which can be availed at her discretion between the period of February - March. We expect her to report for work upon completion of her approved vacation period.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.

Sincerely,
HR information here
This looks fine to me.

Reactions: rajeshb220591

rajeshb220591

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
Hi @scylla,
Could you please review and provide your input on these?

Letter of invitation:

September 06, 2022
The Canadian Embassy
lmmigration Section
New Delhi

Re: Letter of invitation for my fiancé, NAME

Dear Visa Officer,

My name is John Doe. I am a Canadian permanent resident currently working as a Senior Software Developer in a full-time permanent position at {company}., earning $123 CAD per annum.

My personal details are as follows:

DOB, Address, Phone#, Email

Through this letter, I am inviting my fiancé and future wife Jane Doe to Canada for a short stay starting Feb 3rd until Feb 24th. Jane is currently working as a Senior Software Engineer at {company} earning Rs.123/$123 CAD per annum.

Jane’s personal details are as follows:

Jane and I got engaged in August this year and are getting married in December 2022, in India. Jane is applying for this visa so that she can visit me here in Canada after our marriage to celebrate our Honeymoon. During her 3 week visit she will be staying with me in my apartment at above mentioned address and I will be covering all her expenses. She will be covering her flight charges.
I assure you that she won’t misuse her visa and will leave Canada after the said vacation period.

Please see attached copies of my proof of employment, proof of funds, PR card for your reference. Feel free to contact me should you have any further questions regarding myself or Jane.

Kind regards,

John Doe
Contact info

Cover letter / Letter of Explanation:

September 07, 2022
The Canadian Embassy
lmmigration Section
New Delhi

Re: Purpose of visit to Canada

Dear Visa Officer,

My name is Jane Doe. I was born on DOB. I am currently working as a Senior Software Engineer on a full-time permanent basis at {Company} since {date}.

I got engaged to John Doe who is a permanent resident of Canada on August 1, 2022. We are getting married among our family and friends on December 1, 2022 and would like to celebrate our Honeymoon in Canada. And for that purpose, I am applying for this visitor visa. My plan is to visit around Feb 3rd and stay until Feb 24th, if my visa application process goes well. I will be returning to India to reunite with my parents and rejoin work on Feb 24th.

I have accumulated enough vacation days and funds over the period of my employment to fund my visit. However, John will be covering all my expenses in Canada and I will be bearing my flight expenses. During my stay, I will be living with John in his apartment: {address}.

I understand that permission to enter Canada is a privilege and not a right. I have no intention of misusing this privilege by overstaying beyond above mentioned period and jeopardizing my employment.

Please see attached copies of my Engagement photos, Wedding Invite card, proof of Covid vaccination and a detailed Itinirary for your reference. Feel free to contact me should you have any further questions.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Regards,
Jane Doe
Contact info

Itinirary:
Code:
Below are detailed series of events we plan on doing during my proposed stay:
Feb 03 :  Arrive in Toronto. John will pick me up and I will rest for the day.
Feb 04 : Rest and adjust to the new time zone
Feb 05 : 
            - Visit “Toronto Sri Maha Ganapathy Temple” on Gerrard street and Allan Gardens, St. Lawrence market
Feb 06 to Feb 08 :
            - Visit CN tower, Eaton centre, Ice skating at Nathan Philips square in the evening
            - Tobogganing at the Riverdale park and visit Riverdale farm(depending on the mood)
            - Visit Royal Ontario Museum, Art gallery of Ontario
            - Meet John’s friend {friend name}’s family for dinner
Feb 09:
            - Trip to London, ON by car to visit a friend, {name}
Feb 10:
            - Stay home, rest or explore coffee shops, restaurants nearby
Feb 11:
            - Visit Niagara Falls by car
Feb 12 to Feb 15: Trip to Montréal by car
        - Feb 12
            - Arrive in Downtown Montréal, check into Hilton Garden Inn hotel
            - Visit Montréal Archaeology Museum
        - Feb 13
            - Explore Mount Royal
            - Visit Notre-Dame Basilica and AURA light show
            - Food tour by Old Montréal Food Tour
        - Feb 14
            - Explore the underground city, shopping
            - Ride the La Grande Roue Montréal
            - Dinner at Les Enfants Terribles Restaurant
        - Feb 15
            - Meet a friend, {friend name}
            - Drive back to Toronto
Feb 16 to Feb 17:
            - Stay home/explore neighbourhood
Feb 18:
            - Trip to Blue mountains
Feb 19:
            - Rest and meet friends for Lunch/Dinner
Feb 20 to Feb 23:
            - Shopping, packing, prepare for return trip
Feb 24:
            - Fly back to India

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi @scylla,
Could you please review and provide your input on these?

Letter of invitation:

September 06, 2022
The Canadian Embassy
lmmigration Section
New Delhi

Re: Letter of invitation for my fiancé, NAME

Dear Visa Officer,

My name is John Doe. I am a Canadian permanent resident currently working as a Senior Software Developer in a full-time permanent position at {company}., earning $123 CAD per annum.

My personal details are as follows:

Through this letter, I am inviting my fiancé and future wife Jane Doe to Canada for a short stay starting Feb 3rd until Feb 24th. Jane is currently working as a Senior Software Engineer at {company} earning Rs.123/$123 CAD per annum.

Jane’s personal details are as follows:

Jane and I got engaged in August this year and are getting married in December 2022, in India. Jane is applying for this visa so that she can visit me here in Canada after our marriage to celebrate our Honeymoon. During her 3 week visit she will be staying with me in my apartment at above mentioned address and I will be covering all her expenses. She will be covering her flight charges.
I assure you that she won’t misuse her visa and will leave Canada after the said vacation period.

Please see attached copies of my proof of employment, proof of funds, PR card for your reference. Feel free to contact me should you have any further questions regarding myself or Jane.

Kind regards,

John Doe
Contact info

Cover letter / Letter of Explanation:

September 07, 2022
The Canadian Embassy
lmmigration Section
New Delhi

Re: Purpose of visit to Canada

Dear Visa Officer,

My name is Jane Doe. I was born on DOB. I am currently working as a Senior Software Engineer on a full-time permanent basis at {Company} since {date}.

I got engaged to John Doe who is a permanent resident of Canada on August 1, 2022. We are getting married among our family and friends on December 1, 2022 and would like to celebrate our Honeymoon in Canada. And for that purpose, I am applying for this visitor visa. My plan is to visit around Feb 3rd and stay until Feb 24th, if my visa application process goes well. I will be returning to India to reunite with my parents and rejoin work on Feb 24th.

I have accumulated enough vacation days and funds over the period of my employment to fund my visit. However, John will be covering all my expenses in Canada and I will be bearing my flight expenses. During my stay, I will be living with John in his apartment: {address}.

I understand that permission to enter Canada is a privilege and not a right. I have no intention of misusing this privilege by overstaying beyond above mentioned period and jeopardizing my employment.

Please see attached copies of my Engagement photos, Wedding Invite card, proof of Covid vaccination and a detailed Itinirary for your reference. Feel free to contact me should you have any further questions.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Regards,
Jane Doe
Contact info

Itinirary:
Code:
Below are detailed series of events we plan on doing during my proposed stay:
Feb 03 :  Arrive in Toronto. John will pick me up and I will rest for the day.
Feb 04 : Rest and adjust to the new time zone
Feb 05 :
            - Visit “Toronto Sri Maha Ganapathy Temple” on Gerrard street and Allan Gardens, St. Lawrence market
Feb 06 to Feb 08 :
            - Visit CN tower, Eaton centre, Ice skating at Nathan Philips square in the evening
            - Tobogganing at the Riverdale park and visit Riverdale farm(depending on the mood)
            - Visit Royal Ontario Museum, Art gallery of Ontario
            - Meet John’s friend {friend name}’s family for dinner
Feb 09:
            - Trip to London, ON by car to visit a friend, {name}
Feb 10:
            - Stay home, rest or explore coffee shops, restaurants nearby
Feb 11:
            - Visit Niagara Falls by car
Feb 12 to Feb 15: Trip to Montréal by car
        - Feb 12
            - Arrive in Downtown Montréal, check into Hilton Garden Inn hotel
            - Visit Montréal Archaeology Museum
        - Feb 13
            - Explore Mount Royal
            - Visit Notre-Dame Basilica and AURA light show
            - Food tour by Old Montréal Food Tour
        - Feb 14
            - Explore the underground city, shopping
            - Ride the La Grande Roue Montréal
            - Dinner at Les Enfants Terribles Restaurant
        - Feb 15
            - Meet a friend, {friend name}
            - Drive back to Toronto
Feb 16 to Feb 17:
            - Stay home/explore neighbourhood
Feb 18:
            - Trip to Blue mountains
Feb 19:
            - Rest and meet friends for Lunch/Dinner
Feb 20 to Feb 23:
            - Shopping, packing, prepare for return trip
Feb 24:
            - Fly back to India
I don't have any experience with invitation letters and can't comment.

rajeshb220591

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
Hi... could you please share if there wasa any update? thanks
Application was rejected. Processing time was about 65 days.
Reasons: strong ties in Canada, more job opportunities in Canada etc

teeakatheer

Nov 12, 2021
Application was rejected. Processing time was about 65 days.
Reasons: strong ties in Canada, more job opportunities in Canada etc
Thanks for sharing , yes most likely that's the same case everywhere. But best wishes for your PR spouse application !

Inline to that, the Biometric took for TRV is valid right, can we use the same for spouse sponsor PR application?

rajeshb220591

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
I
Thanks for sharing , yes most likely that's the same case everywhere. But best wishes for your PR spouse application !

Inline to that, the Biometric took for TRV is valid right, can we use the same for spouse sponsor PR application?
Based on this : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/validity.html looks like biometrics submitted for a TRV aren’t valid for a PR application. However, they’re valid for any TRV applications for upto 10 years.

Suryarao611

Sep 23, 2020
My fiancé applied TRV on 18th Dec BIL - 18th Dec
Biometrics completed & updated on 22nd Dec
Eligibility changed to "reviewing" on Jan 4

We didn't specify about our marriage date (Scheduled on Feb 1st,2023) and we are planning to meet each other in Toronto and experience Canada before we go on with Family sponsorship.

I guess it will be a brutal rejection for us too

Suryarao611

Sep 23, 2020
My fiancé applied TRV on 18th Dec BIL - 18th Dec
Biometrics completed & updated on 22nd Dec
Eligibility changed to "reviewing" on Jan 4

We didn't specify about our marriage date (Scheduled on Feb 1st,2023) and we are planning to meet each other in Toronto and experience Canada before we go on with Family sponsorship.

I guess it will be a brutal rejection for us too
Yes, as I indicated they have rejected my fiance's TRV.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• You have significant family ties in Canada.
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

As usual generic reply, they won't process Sponsorship any quick, reject TRV, ugh.