+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Family in India

inderbirdeol

Jun 4, 2015
Hello everyone,

I'm a PR living and working in Ontario. I recently bought a house and had the wedding scheduled to be held this April but had to reschedule due to covid situation.

I would like to invite my Family (Mom, Dad and Sister) over to Canada as soon as possible.

I know in India biometrics are not open for TRV.

I live by myself so when they come over they can quarantine at the house.

I have all the necessary documents available.

Can someone please guide me what's the fastest way available to get them out of India?

Regards,
Inderbir

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How old is your sister? If you haven’t started the application process, it will take many months. There is no fast way as they must apply and complete biometrics. To complete biometrics, they can travel to another country if this is even possible right now.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

I'm a PR living and working in Ontario. I recently bought a house and had the wedding scheduled to be held this April but had to reschedule due to covid situation.

I would like to invite my Family (Mom, Dad and Sister) over to Canada as soon as possible.

I know in India biometrics are not open for TRV.

I live by myself so when they come over they can quarantine at the house.

I have all the necessary documents available.

Can someone please guide me what's the fastest way available to get them out of India?

Regards,
Inderbir
They need to complete biometrics in order for a TRV to be approved. Without biometrics, the TRV will not be approved.

It's not possible to get biometrics done in India at this time and it will likely be many months before this is possible again.

Previously, some people were flying to Nepal to get biometrics done there - but this option is no longer available. Others were flying to Dubai to get biometrics done there - however I believe the UAE has suspended flights so this isn't possible either at this time.

Likely your only option is to wait 1+ months for travel to Nepal or Dubai to be possible for your family to get biometrics done there, or wait longer for biometrics centres to reopen in India.

Reactions: Naturgrl

inderbirdeol

Jun 4, 2015
She is 23 and I think she'll have to apply separately whereas mom and dad can be on the same application. I'm a bit hesitant to do the application if it is for sure to lead to a refusal.

Should they still apply and at least be in the system as there might be tons of delay in processing
or
Is it better to wait it out?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
She is 23 and I think she'll have to apply separately whereas mom and dad can be on the same application. I'm a bit hesitant to do the application if it is for sure to lead to a refusal.

Should they still apply and at least be in the system as there might be tons of delay in processing
or
They can still apply and it's probably a good idea to get their applications in the system. However their applications will be put on hold until biometrics can be completed.

Your sister will need to show ties to her home country. Hopefully she can show proof of employment. If she lives separately from your parents she should also show proof of property ownership / rental.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

or
They can start the application process.

She will need to apply separately and show strong ties and funds to India. Because she is your extended family, she will need written authorization to travel and show that travel to Canada is essential during Covid. FYI, A wedding is not considered an essential reason to travel.

Reactions: YVR123 and foodie69

inderbirdeol

Jun 4, 2015
They can start the application process.

She will need to apply separately and show strong ties and funds to India. Because she is your extended family, she will need written authorization to travel and show that travel to Canada is essential during Covid. FYI, A wedding is not considered an essential reason to travel.
Agreed that sister will have to apply separately.

She has been working for an IT company in India for almost 2 years now and has been living away from home. So her file will be completely separate with necessary documents.

Correct me if I'm wrong parents are immediate family and would be only exempted under immediate family reunification if:
A) someone has passed away
B) about to pass away
C) critically sick and has no one to take care

Also do they have to apply from India or can I put there application through from Canada?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

She has been working for an IT company in India for almost 2 years now and has been living away from home. So her file will be completely separate with necessary documents.

Correct me if I'm wrong parents are immediate family and would be only exempted under immediate family reunification if:
B) about to pass away

Also do they have to apply from India or can I put there application through from Canada?
If you are PR and your parents receive their visitor visas, they can travel to Canada without written authorization. Your sister needs the written authorization which is explained on the immigration website when she applied. They apply online from India.

inderbirdeol

Jun 4, 2015
If you are PR and your parents receive their visitor visas, they can travel to Canada without written authorization. Your sister needs the written authorization which is explained on the immigration website when she applied. They apply online from India.
Can you share the link to where they can apply from India?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

B) about to pass away

Think you are getting confused between PHAC which is often used for immediate need to travel for a medical reason or attend a funeral. Patents only need to prove that their child is a PR or citizen and that they are your parents. Send them a copy of your PR card or having the picture on your smartphone and a document which proof that you are their child.