+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for extended family - Covid 19

RockyStar1985

Apr 20, 2017
Hi there,

I am in the process of applying visitor visa for my parents to support us with 5 months old baby. I am applying with type = other and subtype = Covid 19.
Has anyone applied using this? What is the processing time and how will the biometrics be done as most of the vfs offices are closed in India.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there,

I am in the process of applying visitor visa for my parents to support us with 5 months old baby. I am applying with type = other and subtype = Covid 19.
Has anyone applied using this? What is the processing time and how will the biometrics be done as most of the vfs offices are closed in India.
Al depends on what you mean by support. They can't come to provide childcare that would be considered working illegally. The fact that you only arrived in Canada creates warning signs for IRCC. Usually it helps to be established in Canada before inviting parents and not a few weeks after arriving in Canada.

Reactions: Naturgrl

RockyStar1985

Apr 20, 2017
Processing times for India are 8+ months. Will your parents be approved faster...maybe. There are no timelines to open VFS & have to be done. Some people are flying to Dubai where offices are open.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
Thanka
Al depends on what you mean by support. They can't come to provide childcare that would be considered working illegally. The fact that you only arrived in Canada creates warning signs for IRCC. Usually it helps to be established in Canada before inviting parents and not a few weeks after arriving in Canada.
Thanks Canuck78, by support I didn't mean childcare. Just mental support of being close to us in these uncertain times and off course to see their grandchild.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanka

Thanks Canuck78, by support I didn't mean childcare. Just mental support of being close to us in these uncertain times and off course to see their grandchild.
You have to be very clear with your wording when writing invitation letters so there is no possibly to interpret that they may be cooking/cleaning, doing home maintenance/yard work or childcare.

RockyStar1985

Apr 20, 2017
You have to be very clear with your wording when writing invitation letters so there is no possibly to interpret that they may be cooking/cleaning, doing home maintenance/yard work or childcare.
Thanks Canuck78 - yes, it was a figure of speech when writing the above post. I did not mention the word support in the invitation letter.

We have received the BIL today but the VAC centers in India are taking appointments only for family class sponsorship only. Is there any workaround for this? My Parents visited me in Ireland 2 years ago and they gave biometrics at that time, does anyone know if CIC considers biometrics for any other country (not sure but I'd assume immigration systems from different countries are not connected)?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks Canuck78 - yes, it was a figure of speech when writing the above post. I did not mention the word support in the invitation letter.

We have received the BIL today but the VAC centers in India are taking appointments only for family class sponsorship only. Is there any workaround for this? My Parents visited me in Ireland 2 years ago and they gave biometrics at that time, does anyone know if CIC considers biometrics for any other country (not sure but I'd assume immigration systems from different countries are not connected)?
To the best of my knowledge biometrics are country specific. Countries can't share this information so your parent would need to get them again. Hopefully someone can confirm. One option would be to travel to Dubai as said above. This is what some are doing. The other option is to wait.

RockyStar1985

Apr 20, 2017
To the best of my knowledge biometrics are country specific. Countries can't share this information so your parent would need to get them again. Hopefully someone can confirm. One option would be to travel to Dubai as said above. This is what some are doing. The other option is to wait.
Thanks Scylla.