+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa for disabled person

helpmeguys

Nov 14, 2013
Hello
I am new to this forum, and i had read some topic or quote which seem really interesting and information shared is really helpful for people like me i guess, ok! not wasting too much time i will come straight to the point and i will appreciate if some one can provide me some right information!
i want my dad and my brother to visit me in Canada for few months but the obstacle is that my brother is disabled ( mentally disabled )
how my brother can get a tourist visa( he doesn't want to come in Canada to see any places but he has to come with my dad since there is no one back home to take care of him if my dad will come here)
can he be called here for medical treatment?
what will be the procedure?
what documents my father can show to visa officer?
any help will be appreciated!

scrls5

Mar 20, 2013
I dont see your brother's condition as an obstacle by itself. Attach a letter explaining it and:

Make sure that you include in your application some medical documentation about your brother's condition.
Include a letter from a doctor where he authorizes him to travel and in which conditions.

Then include the standard docs that are requested on an application to show ties (work proof, properties, etc) to their home country.

helpmeguys

Nov 14, 2013
thanks for the reply, my brother age 20 and he is not working due to his condition, my father is a govt employee and he has property back home, my brother has shared property
so on what condition my brother can get a tourist visa:
wants to visit Canada with my father to see me here,?
wants to visit Canada with my father for his further medical treatment?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
helpmeguys said:
wants to visit Canada with my father for his further medical treatment?
If you use this as a reason then either you or your father must be able to provide a bank statement with several tens of thousands of dollars in it (better a few hundred thousand dollars) to prove that you can pay for this treatment. If you neither you nor your father have these types of funds readily available in a bank account then I would definitely avoid using this as a reason for the visit.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In addition to what Scylla said One option could also be get a doctors letter from your home country stating that treatment of this condition is not possible here and therefore you require the expertise of foreign doctors. You could also get in touch with Canadian doctors for his condition. Make sure you have a good bank balance to pay for his medicals otherwise the VO will think you'll come here and take social assistance.

helpmeguys

Nov 14, 2013
thanks for the replies! really appreciate this information!
sorry few more questions! because i really want to make sure i get the right information as it is really important for me!
1: clearing one thing first, can my brother get a visitor visa saying that he is only coming with my father to visit
2: or the only way he can be called for his treatment which is not possible back home
3: do i need to get a appointment from a doctor in Canada,
or any letter such as invitation etc
4: if i get a heath insurance coverage for my brother will they cover his treatment?
because i guess otherwise i have to pay a fortune for his treatment?
5: what other documents i have to provide to my father?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I am not clear here. Is the whole suggestion of medical treatment just for the purpose of a reason for the visit? Concern is that it creates stronger ties to Canada if treatment is only available in Canada (unlikely). The biggest hurdle to getting a TEMPORARY visa is proving one has strong ties to home country and they are unlikely to overstay. I am not an expert, but perhaps showing your Dad's solid ties, your brother's dependence on him and fact Dad wishes to visit you and so your brother must accompany could be a place to start. What resources does your brother use at home that he would want to return to? Does he belong to social groups, have any upcoming medical appointments to keep after he returns from Canada? Is your father his only caregiver or are there any other family members involved? Perhaps his doctor's letter of support for the benefit of the visit, his ongoing involvement in your brother's care, and knowledge of your family's integrity to abide by visa rules. Any travel history to show previous compliance? Just some thoughts..... All the best.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I doubt you would be able to get travel insurance to cover treatment as it is for emergencies not pre-existing conditions.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Pippin said:
I doubt you would be able to get travel insurance to cover treatment as it is for emergencies not pre-existing conditions.
Agreed. There is no insurance that will cover your brother's condition. If you want him to be treated in Canada - you will have to pay for all of the costs out of your own pocket.

And yes - it will cost a fortune.

autumnsummer71

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2015
Doc's Request.
08-05-2015 RCMP; 29-05-2015 Schedule A
AOR Received.
27-03-2015
Med's Done....
27-03-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015 at CIC Calgary
Hello
I am new to this forum, and i had read some topic or quote which seem really interesting and information shared is really helpful for people like me i guess, ok! not wasting too much time i will come straight to the point and i will appreciate if some one can provide me some right information!
i want my dad and my brother to visit me in Canada for few months but the obstacle is that my brother is disabled ( mentally disabled )
how my brother can get a tourist visa( he doesn't want to come in Canada to see any places but he has to come with my dad since there is no one back home to take care of him if my dad will come here)
can he be called here for medical treatment?
what will be the procedure?
what documents my father can show to visa officer?
any help will be appreciated!
Did your brother get a tourist visa? If so, did you have to explain his disability in the application form which was accepted?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Did your brother get a tourist visa? If so, did you have to explain his disability in the application form which was accepted?
]
This post is 6 years old. In general every applicant has to show strong ties to their home country like a job and/or property plus the financial means to travel.

Riffat Noor

Dec 31, 2019
Hi dear

i am riffat noor from Pakistan. I am planning to visit Toronto with my beloved wife. Actually i want to know about rental wheelchair because i am handicap both lower limbs so i visit for 2 weeks in Canada i want to rent motorized wheelchair for my accessibility so i want to know about the cost, payment, duration for rental and most important thing delivery to airport. One thing i have already traveled Thailand, United Arab Emirates and turkey. I also driving car in my home country and also drive in United Arab Emirates i have international driving permit so i can drive the car doesn't matter left hand driving or right hand but one thing only automatic transmission i can drive. So since my marriage i have traveled alone and now me and my wife wish we traveled with together. can you give me information about tourist visa and sporting documents. I have here motorized wheelchair and also have manual wheelchair but i ever go other i do not carry motorized wheelchair i use manual wheelchair in out of country.

Regards
Riffat

My email is . mrriffatnoor@gmail.com