+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa For Baby

KittyKat

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone have experience applying for a visitor visa for a baby? My sister who has a visitor visa would like to come for two weeks for my wedding with her new born (2 months old). She has been to Canada before to visit me for 2 to 3 week visits. Does that make it easier to get the visa for the baby since baby's mom has one? Does the baby need full supporting documentation? If not, what is recommended that we absolutely include? We will apply as soon as the baby is born, but just want to know others experience, if any. Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes the baby will need a passport and will need to apply to get a trv. Not sure if you have enough time to get a birth certificate, then apply for a passport and then a visa. Especially because she will also need a little bit of recovery time after the birth. All depends on how fast she can obtain all the documentation.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
If were me I would be concerned travelling especially if by airplane with a 2 month old in that their immune system has not really had time to fully develop let alone the mothers recovery should there be any complications. Personal decision of course that only the parents can make but for sure travel insurance is a must..

Reactions: KittyKat

KittyKat

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes the baby will need a passport and will need to apply to get a trv. Not sure if you have enough time to get a birth certificate, then apply for a passport and then a visa. Especially because she will also need a little bit of recovery time after the birth. All depends on how fast she can obtain all the documentation.
Thanks for your reply. Yes it will be a race against the clock. Any idea if it is a relatively straight forward application considering mother has a visa or there are instances of denial for the baby? I know you may not know. Just asking in case you have seen other such cases.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for your reply. Yes it will be a race against the clock. Any idea if it is a relatively straight forward application considering mother has a visa or there are instances of denial for the baby? I know you may not know. Just asking in case you have seen other such cases.
Like the others have said, traveling with a newborn who hasn't adjusted to changes in the environment, whose immune system is still weak, who would require vaccinations, etc + the ability to get a birth certificate and a passport and a visa and the travel.... all within two months after his/her birth would be pushing the limits (of the baby, of course). It's the parents' decision, of course, finally.

Chances of approval would depend on the ability of the newborn's mother to prove that she must return to her country of residence at the end of a short visit + the frequency and length of her previous visits = Her baby will return with her

The fact that the mother has a TRV is immaterial in a way