waived
Passport Req..
25-02-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-7-11
LANDED..........
4th October 2011 Winnipeg :)
Hi everyone,

I want to invite my Aunt and uncle(DAD's sister and her husband) in summer to visit us for my sister in law's wedding. I am a Canadian Dentist but right now I am visiting my husband in UK(he is currently working in UK and is on work visa. otherwise we both are Canadian citizens. and I am not working right now since April 2019.
we are going to Canada for about a month for the wedding and have booked our return tickets.
My Aunt's son has come to Canada on student visa in April. So their main purpose is to attend the wedding and then visit him for a few days.
I need your advice regarding inviting them for the visit. what documents shall I send them.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hi everyone,

I want to invite my Aunt and uncle(DAD's sister and her husband) in summer to visit us for my sister in law's wedding. I am a Canadian Dentist but right now I am visiting my husband in UK(he is currently working in UK and is on work visa. otherwise we both are Canadian citizens. and I am not working right now since April 2019.
we are going to Canada for about a month for the wedding and have booked our return tickets.
My Aunt's son has come to Canada on student visa in April. So their main purpose is to attend the wedding and then visit him for a few days.
I need your advice regarding inviting them for the visit. what documents shall I send them.
Whether /not you're working, would not affect the VO's decision on your Uncle and Aunt's visa. People who have Canadian citizen relatives working in Canada, also have also faced refusals as their own file wasn't strong.

So, for them to get a visa,
They would need a purpose of visit, they can attach the wedding invite and also an itenary for the days they want to stay post the wedding to be with their son. But this purpose is not a guaranteed reason, as it's not a direct relative's wedding. And not everybody spends thousands of dollars for a distant relative's wedding. But they can provide an explanation letter in their file stating their intend to attend the wedding and also visit their son. They might also need to reserve two way tickets and hotel (not yet paid for, just reserved)

You would also need to provide an invitation letter to them, since it's your sister in law's wedding.

They would have to provide sufficient financial support of their own (your's or your husband's not included) for the time they intent to stay in Canada.

They would need home ties that make the VO believe that they will return to their Country after their stay in Canada - a house/property in their name or letter from employer approving leaves for the time they intent to travel or children they are leaving behind etc.