+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for a Russian

chester2000

Nov 2, 2018
I am in the same boat with you guys.
My friend applied for Visitor Visa on April 3rd from Kazakhstan. Attached the invitation letter from Canadian citizen.
Biometrics updated on April 19th, and no updates after that.
It is 142 days now, even though the Processing time on IRCC website shows 67 days average.
My guess is that they are doing a lot of fast rejects lately and on average the processing time is 67 days. However the real processing takes much more time.

IRCC response for the Webform request was from the Warsaw office (previously Kazakstan applications were processed in Moscow office) and contained the standard template, that due to the high volume, and prioritizing Work and Student visas.
Requested the GCMS Notes. Hope that it might bring some light onto the actual state of visa process.

Idilia555

Jun 14, 2021
Well..that is quite unfortunate.. but i read same thing is happening with people who apply from India. Their processing times are kind of the same length... Not quite sure what is causing this mess. Pls keep is updated about GCSM notes. Is there anything at all happened after biometrics?

Reactions: Bbampoe

Ololosh

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
At least India accounts for about 50% of the total backlog (2.7M cases), so it makes sense that their processing time is about 160 days.

While EMEA region is slow due to CUAET processing. I am going to request my MP to get some response from IRCC in September. Not sure if it helps, but there ain't nothing else to do anyway.

Reactions: Idilia555

chester2000

Nov 2, 2018
Well..that is quite unfortunate.. but i read same thing is happening with people who apply from India. Their processing times are kind of the same length... Not quite sure what is causing this mess. Pls keep is updated about GCSM notes. Is there anything at all happened after biometrics?
Yes, I will definitely post the GCMS information here when I will get it. I expect it to be received around Sept 11th.
Unfortunately there were no updates after the biometrics. Not even ghost updates.
The Review of eligibility is still saying:
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Reactions: Idilia555

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am in the same boat with you guys.
My friend applied for Visitor Visa on April 3rd from Kazakhstan. Attached the invitation letter from Canadian citizen.
Biometrics updated on April 19th, and no updates after that.
It is 142 days now, even though the Processing time on IRCC website shows 67 days average.
My guess is that they are doing a lot of fast rejects lately and on average the processing time is 67 days. However the real processing takes much more time.

IRCC response for the Webform request was from the Warsaw office (previously Kazakstan applications were processed in Moscow office) and contained the standard template, that due to the high volume, and prioritizing Work and Student visas.
Requested the GCMS Notes. Hope that it might bring some light onto the actual state of visa process.
I'm not sure this is helpful at all but I'm seeing people through the Warsaw office regularly wait 3-4 months now just for the CUAET visa approval. So if those are being prioritized and it's taking that long, it means they must have a really huge backlog right now which is going to impact everyone else even more.

Reactions: chester2000

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
At least India accounts for about 50% of the total backlog (2.7M cases), so it makes sense that their processing time is about 160 days.

While EMEA region is slow due to CUAET processing. I am going to request my MP to get some response from IRCC in September. Not sure if it helps, but there ain't nothing else to do anyway.
There is nothing your MP can do. As long as your processing time is similar to others also waiting you will just be told that your application is being processed and you’ll need to be patient. Unfortunately when you have a child abroad and wait until close to the 3 year mark to return to Canada you open yourself up to potential issues.

Reactions: Ololosh

flipwhip

Jul 6, 2021
Hello Everyone, same boat, I am PR, applied for TRV for my parents from Moscow, biometrics were received on March 13th, but the application is still pending approval,
After sending the email, I received an auto-response from the Warsaw office,
Please let me know if anyone received a visa ...

chester2000

Nov 2, 2018
Hello Everyone, same boat, I am PR, applied for TRV for my parents from Moscow, biometrics were received on March 13th, but the application is still pending approval,
After sending the email, I received an auto-response from the Warsaw office,
Please let me know if anyone received a visa ...
Hi,
Sorry to hear that. We are also in the same boat.
No updates since biometrics on April 19th.

Ololosh

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Processing time is 155 days for cases submitted in Russia as of today. I remember it was like 70 days back in June.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
FYI - Student Visa applications from Russia submitted in February finally started moving a couple of weeks ago. Still nothing for my parents' TRV app submitted on March 2nd.
There seems to be something going on when it comes to TRVs from Russia. Any temporary visa from Russia is clearly being evaluated differently post war and after mobilization even more cautiously. Obviously there are concerns that more people will arrive in Canada and claim asylum or there will be a demand for a WP program like offered to Ukranians. If your parents want to visit I would suggest they apply for a supervisa. That may end up being treated differently than TRVs. There are also huge backlogs out of Europe because of hundreds of thousands Ukranians applying for CUAET. The country can’t deal with the current number of asylum seekers and people on CUAET so is trying to avoid even more arrival. Just my observation.