+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for a person from India - No family or relatives in Canada

Nov 4, 2021
Hi, My brother is planning to apply for visitor visa to Canada . He is in India now - 45 yrs age. No education back ground - self employed- he does his business at Home town.

I would like to know the possibilities for the approval.

1. He does not have any immediate family or relatives in Canada - probably wise to say no sponsor from Canada . Does that mean he needs to show lot of amount in his bank account ? Can anyone from U.S.A show financial proof ?

2. Is it a good idea to get the VISA for both wife and husband at the same time ?

3. If any VISA interview - do we have translator ?

4. Do they check any Travel History outside of India ? Or - Having other countries stamping in the passport would anyway help the approval process ?

Appreciate your time and help . Pls let me know .
Thanks
RP

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, My brother is planning to apply for visitor visa to Canada . He is in India now - 45 yrs age. No education back ground - self employed- he does his business at Home town.

I would like to know the possibilities for the approval.

1. He does not have any immediate family or relatives in Canada - probably wise to say no sponsor from Canada . Does that mean he needs to show lot of amount in his bank account ? Can anyone from U.S.A show financial proof ?

2. Is it a good idea to get the VISA for both wife and husband at the same time ?

3. If any VISA interview - do we have translator ?

4. Do they check any Travel History outside of India ? Or - Having other countries stamping in the passport would anyway help the approval process ?

Appreciate your time and help . Pls let me know .
Thanks
RP
1. If no family in Canada, then why is he visiting? For how long? He needs to show he can afford to travel to Canada (airfare, accommodations etc.) so bank accounts.
2. They can apply together.
3. Who is ”we”. There is not visa interview
4. Yes. Officers want to see travel history to US, UK, NZ and Australia.

Reactions: rangapolisetty
Nov 4, 2021
Thanks a lot for the response .

1. Visiting - I meant Tourist Visa like Tourism ? Probably for 2 weeks - not sure how long they give the Tourism/visiting Visa . Typically for U.S.A - they give 6 months stamping although the purpose can be done in 3 to 4 weeks . So checking in similar lines .
2. Thanks . I live in U.S and my brother lives in India - can we apply together and I provide the funds for travel and accommodation etc ?
3. Pls ignore “we” just wanted to check if any translators available at Visa interview - I got the answer - thanks
4. What are the chances to get the approval if this is first country to visit out of India . He is planing to go to Dubai and Uganda though. Are these not considered ? As I see you specified the officers interested to see U.S , U.K and NZ .

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks a lot for the response .

1. Visiting - I meant Tourist Visa like Tourism ? Probably for 2 weeks - not sure how long they give the Tourism/visiting Visa . Typically for U.S.A - they give 6 months stamping although the purpose can be done in 3 to 4 weeks . So checking in similar lines .
2. Thanks . I live in U.S and my brother lives in India - can we apply together and I provide the funds for travel and accommodation etc ?
3. Pls ignore “we” just wanted to check if any translators available at Visa interview - I got the answer - thanks
4. What are the chances to get the approval if this is first country to visit out of India . He is planing to go to Dubai and Uganda though. Are these not considered ? As I see you specified the officers interested to see U.S , U.K and NZ .
1. He applies for a visitor visa with itinerary of 2 weeks. CBSA decides on entry how long he can stay.
2. You can’t apply together. Each one of you has an application based on your own profile. He provides/shows his own funds.
4. Travel to Dubai and Uganda are not considered. They want to see travel to the countries I mentioned because those countries share immigration/travel data. Why doesn’t he go to the US for a holiday.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2021
1. Okay thanks.
4. That’s the next one in line after Canada- likewise thought travel history of Canada helps for U.S visa too .

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
1. Okay thanks.
4. That’s the next one in line after Canada- likewise thought travel history of Canada helps for U.S visa too .
If your brother gets a US visitor visa and comes to visit you and returns home then approval for a Canadian visitor visa has a higher chance.

Nov 4, 2021
If your brother gets a US visitor visa and comes to visit you and returns home then approval for a Canadian visitor visa has a higher chance.
So are you saying the chances to get Canada Visa approval is very less in this situation. (the person from
India and no immediate family relatives in Canada and never visited other countries like U.S , UK and NZ etc) .. pls clarify . Thanks again for your time .