+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for 3 yr old kid(Really need valuable inputs )

Sara1125

Nov 28, 2019
Hi Folks,

I had applied for visitor visa for my daughter by mentioning Purpose of Travel as COVID-19, I'm currently on a Work permit and applied the application under immediate family member class. Today I received a letter stating that "Based on our assessment of your recent enquiry, we cannot process your request as you have not provided sufficient evidence that you meet an exemption criterion and that your travel to Canada is non-discretionary, per the travel restrictions implemented to prevent the spread of the COVID -19 in Canada. Your application ill now be put on hold until after the travel restrictions pause has been lifted". Please suggest what am I supposed to do with this current situation, the status of application is still showing as Processing. I did apply for IRCC authorization but awaiting for the response.

Kpzbenju

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Hi Folks,

I had applied for visitor visa for my daughter by mentioning Purpose of Travel as COVID-19, I'm currently on a Work permit and applied the application under immediate family member class. Today I received a letter stating that "Based on our assessment of your recent enquiry, we cannot process your request as you have not provided sufficient evidence that you meet an exemption criterion and that your travel to Canada is non-discretionary, per the travel restrictions implemented to prevent the spread of the COVID -19 in Canada. Your application ill now be put on hold until after the travel restrictions pause has been lifted". Please suggest what am I supposed to do with this current situation, the status of application is still showing as Processing. I did apply for IRCC authorization but awaiting for the response.
What is your aor?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Folks,

What type of work permit? When is it expiring? Is your job NOC 0, A or B? Did you include proof of employment and what NOC? Did you include proof of extra funds to show that you can care for your child? Do you have permission from the father for the child to join you in Canada?

Sara1125

Nov 28, 2019
What type of work permit? When is it expiring? Is your job NOC 0, A or B? Did you include proof of employment and what NOC? Did you include proof of extra funds to show that you can care for your child? Do you have permission from the father for the child to join you in Canada?
Currently on open work permit
Expiration - May 2022
NOC type - A
Yes I did include proof of employment like offer letter and pay slips and bank statements.
Father is accompanying her for the travel, and I have his consent.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Currently on open work permit
Expiration - May 2022
NOC type - A
Yes I did include proof of employment like offer letter and pay slips and bank statements.
Father is accompanying her for the travel, and I have his consent.
Does the father have a visitor visa and written authorization to travel? The letter is stating that your child coming at this time is not essential.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Impossible to know why it was refused. Did you mention that the father is currently staying with her. Are you employed in NOC A or is it your husband who is abroad?

@veebee

Mar 9, 2021
Impossible to know why it was refused. Did you mention that the father is currently staying with her. Are you employed in NOC A or is it your husband who is abroad?
I did mention a detailed explanation letter about the current situation and her father is currently with her, even my husband holds an NOC A job, I’m really confused about this rejection.

@veebee

Mar 9, 2021
I did mention a detailed explanation letter about the current situation and her father is currently with her, even my husband holds an NOC A job, I’m really confused about this rejection.
Once I receive the IRCC authorisation (thinking that they would approve) can I upload that authorisation letter to the existing application, because the status of the application says “In processing “.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you currently working in NOC 0, A or B? How long has your husband been away from Canada?