+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for 19 year old niece

wontonwrap

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Hello,
My niece is 19yo and attending college back home. She has this summer off so I invited her to visit me in Canada. However, how can she show proof of funds as she doesn’t have any money, it’s her parents will support for everything. Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
My niece is 19yo and attending college back home. She has this summer off so I invited her to visit me in Canada. However, how can she show proof of funds as she doesn’t have any money, it’s her parents will support for everything. Thanks
She shows her parents bank statements over the past 4 moths. Their funds should show substantial savings for their daughter to visit Canada, have enough for their own living expenses and not use all their savings.

wontonwrap

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
She shows her parents bank statements over the past 4 moths. Their funds should show substantial savings for their daughter to visit Canada, have enough for their own living expenses and not use all their savings.
Thank you for the response. Can I also prove my income for her stay? Her parents don’t have much and I will be paying for her trip and other things. She hasn’t travelled anywhere outside the country, will be considered less chances for approval?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for the response. Can I also prove my income for her stay? Her parents don’t have much and I will be paying for her trip and other things. She hasn’t travelled anywhere outside the country, will be considered less chances for approval?
A summer trip is a long visit. Keep visit to 2-3 weeks.People on the forum are refused due to funds and have $20k in cash. Her parents need to show their bank statements. You can show your bank statements but IRCC doesn’t need to consider it because you are not considered an immediate or extended family member under IRCC definitions. She will need to show proof of returning (school registration, tuition paid). Travel history, ties to return home, funds and valid reasons to travel are considered. Single people have a higher chance of refusal but hopefully she will be successful.

Where is she applying from?