+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Extension

IF321

Sep 21, 2020
Hello,

I am planning to apply for in-laws extension for the second time. This is the first time they traveled to Canada and initial stay was expired in Dec 2023. Applied for the first extension in Nov 2023 (asking an extension till Apr 2024) and got an approval on Jan 8th 2024 and but expiring Feb 05 2024. They also asked for medical request which we are going to do this week and upload them. My questions are:

1). I am planning to apply for the second extension probably by next week with pre-medical. What is the probability of getting approved the second time? And how much time we need to ask for an extension. They want to spend time with us and our child till May 2024.

2).In case if they got refused the second time, will they consider as over stay from the date they refuse? Will this be an issue if they travel back to Canada later? They have multiple visitor visa.

3). What if they leave after the refusal date, assuming within 30 days, will they still consider as over stay? Will they still needs to restore their status before leaving?

Please advise and appreciate your inputs. Thank you.