+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa extension

payal8502

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Hi,
I had applied for the extension of my parents (who are now in Canada with me) visitor visa. A few days back we got an update in our ircc profile to get medical exam done for my father and mother. A few days after that we got another update that the extension request has been approved and their stay has been extended for another 6 months. Now my question is, do I still need to go ahead and get their medicals done? Asking since their extension is already approved.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I had applied for the extension of my parents (who are now in Canada with me) visitor visa. A few days back we got an update in our ircc profile to get medical exam done for my father and mother. A few days after that we got another update that the extension request has been approved and their stay has been extended for another 6 months. Now my question is, do I still need to go ahead and get their medicalns done? Asking since their extension is already approved.
Yes, you need to get the medical done. The extension was approved on the assumption your parents will complete the medical. If they fail to do that, IRCC will withdraw the extension.

Terang1987

Star Member
May 12, 2018
Hi,
I had applied for the extension of my parents (who are now in Canada with me) visitor visa. A few days back we got an update in our ircc profile to get medical exam done for my father and mother. A few days after that we got another update that the extension request has been approved and their stay has been extended for another 6 months. Now my question is, do I still need to go ahead and get their medicals done? Asking since their extension is already approved.
Hi good evening! Did you submit invitation letter for your parents visitor extension or not anymore?

Terang1987

Star Member
May 12, 2018
Yes, in the proof of funds section, I submitted an invitation letter.
Does your parents original purpose of travel is to visit a family? In my case, I will apply for my sister visitor extension. We applied work permit but it was refused recently, so I will apply for visitor extension now.

payal8502

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Does your parents original purpose of travel is to visit a family? In my case, I will apply for my sister visitor extension. We applied work permit but it was refused recently, so I will apply for visitor extension now.
Yes. Original purpose is to visit family.

hasan629

Jul 2, 2013
Hi,
Hi How much proof of funds need to show and is it ok to show only my bank statement instead of showing my parents account??

Raj_Can

Dec 12, 2022
Hi,
Hi, I am also looking to submit my parents extension request. But in the portal I don't see an option for submitting on behalf of - Can I submit via my IRCC account or it should be via my parents account?