+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Extension

kiqr

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Hey Guys, We applied for visitor record for my parents and it is still in process. My parents just left Canada few days back. Should we withdraw the application? Any advice?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
We are not withdrawing it. An immigration consultant asked us to let it be and not withdraw.
Withdraw is best bet in my opinion
What the Supported reason your "immigration consultant" provided not to withdraw application ?

Reactions: find_anand

kiqr

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Withdraw is best bet in my opinion
What the Supported reason your "immigration consultant" provided not to withdraw application ?
The reason is that it is a proof which can be used in any future applications as a support for the “staying more than 6 months” question. So we are letting it be because withdrawing it will not help in any way as well.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
The reason is that it is a proof which can be used in any future applications as a support for the “staying more than 6 months” question. So we are letting it be because withdrawing it will not help in any way as well.
I personally believe that is not going to help you.
BUT
Your Application .. Your Wish

Good Luck

Reactions: find_anand

kiqr

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
I personally believe that is not going to help you.
BUT
Your Application .. Your Wish

Good Luck
You are probably right but even withdrawing it will be of no help. We did not withdraw my MIL application and she could re-enter without any complications. So I guess its just personal decision when it comes to visitor extension.

MzQueen

May 27, 2022
You are probably right but even withdrawing it will be of no help. We did not withdraw my MIL application and she could re-enter without any complications. So I guess its just personal decision when it comes to visitor extension.
Hi, I think i am in a similar situation. My mum applied for an extension to stay beyond 6 months which is yet to be approved. Now we realised she needs to quickly get to Mexico in June for a couple of days and I am a bit concerned about re-entry into Canada. She has a valid multiple entry visa to Canada which will expire by the end of July and i think she should be okay because of that.

Was your MIL able to re-enter because she had a multiple entry visa which was yet to expire?

kiqr

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Hi, I think i am in a similar situation. My mum applied for an extension to stay beyond 6 months which is yet to be approved. Now we realised she needs to quickly get to Mexico in June for a couple of days and I am a bit concerned about re-entry into Canada. She has a valid multiple entry visa to Canada which will expire by the end of July and i think she should be okay because of that.

Was your MIL able to re-enter because she had a multiple entry visa which was yet to expire?
Yes my MIL has multiple re-enter. Her visitor extension was approved few days after she had left Canada. So by the time she re-entered, it did not matter I guess. I would recommend you to call IRCC and confirm but I am sure your mum should have no issue.

MzQueen

May 27, 2022
Yes my MIL has multiple re-enter. Her visitor extension was approved few days after she had left Canada. So by the time she re-entered, it did not matter I guess. I would recommend you to call IRCC and confirm but I am sure your mum should have no issue.
Thanks for the response. I have tried calling IRCC to confirm but they are not answering calls :(.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the response. I have tried calling IRCC to confirm but they are not answering calls :(.
Calling IRCC won't help you. Whether your mother will be allowed to re-enter Canada is a CBSA decision when she arrives at the border after her trip outside of Canada. There is no way to guarantee re-entry. It's entirely up to CBSA. It has nothing to do with IRCC. A valid TRV doesn't guarantee re-entry.