+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa extension online

SquirrelBR

Jan 7, 2013
Hi Friends!

Last Month I did my visitor visa extension online. I uploaded the pdf form, and some .docx with the requested scans.
I was using Chrome. I payed online also, and the final page was a mess, It had the codes of payment but not the barcodes.
The following day, I received a confirmation email.

Since I worry too much from different things, I worry for example that perhaps the most important doc, the pdf, I sent incorrectly or something.

If the agent opens the files and finds some error, does he refurse the application or he sends you an email?

I still have time, what If I print it everything and mail to Vegreville (It is vegreville right), with a note explaining it was already send online? Will it help or confuse things?

Anyone who has extended his visitor visa while in Canada please help.

honjooshi

Mar 1, 2013
SquirrelBR said:
Hi Friends!

Last Month I did my visitor visa extension online. I uploaded the pdf form, and some .docx with the requested scans.
I was using Chrome. I payed online also, and the final page was a mess, It had the codes of payment but not the barcodes.
The following day, I received a confirmation email.

Since I worry too much from different things, I worry for example that perhaps the most important doc, the pdf, I sent incorrectly or something.

If the agent opens the files and finds some error, does he refurse the application or he sends you an email?

I still have time, what If I print it everything and mail to Vegreville (It is vegreville right), with a note explaining it was already send online? Will it help or confuse things?

Anyone who has extended his visitor visa while in Canada please help.
I applied for a visa extension in February, and received it on Monday, the 8th. I would not re-send things, for this might confuse CIC and cause more problems. I used Chrome, too, and if you had the green check marks on the PDF file it was probably okay; I sent PDF files, too. I don't remember any bar codes, I just had the confirmation codes.
I didn't receive any notification online whatsoever after I sent the application; I got a letter in the mail on Monday with the extension certificate, just under two months after I filed. If you have a problem, they'll probably contact you. Until then, enjoy implied status! Also, be aware that the visa extension will allow you to stay until the expiry date, but it won't help you get back into Canada any more easily if you leave. I already called CIC to ask.
Good luck!

SquirrelBR

Jan 7, 2013
honjooshi thanks!

If I remember correctly they have received everything, I was just worried because I don't remember well If I had sent the right pdf. At the same directory I was uploading things, I had saved the document's checklist. I just hope I didn't upload the wrong one. The online app was having problems allowing us to "see" what was sent.

Well let's hope everything goes well.

I would have sent by mail, but after my unexpected delays before someone opened my file, my wife wanted to do the online one.

laurelle

Jul 6, 2012
Did you get a confirmation email after you transmitted your Onjline Application? If so, you have a reference number which you can use to receive information about the Online Application that you transmitted. You should also have received in the same email a payment receipt number.

My common law husband who is not yet a PR (just getting documents filled out to apply) got his extension about 2 months after I transmitted it online.

Good luck!!

Laurelle