+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Extension, Medical Test & Interim Extension

AdilKar

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
Every individual is evaluated separately. If there was any concern about her medical it may take a while because IRCC medical personnel will want to review her medical and potentially ask for further testing. Does she have any medical issues or has she visited a Canadian hospital?
In that case IRCC would have waited for medical results of my Mom & Dad before the approval. My Dad's application was approved on Jan 6th 2024 and we did medical examination of both on Jan 9th 2024.

Wondering what could be the reason to only approved Principal applicant and keep application in progress for the dependent.

Telalca001

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
18-12-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2018
Hi,

My mother is on a visit and her initial approved 6 months as visitor got over in November 2022. We had applied for an extension in September 2022 itself asking for another 6 months i.e. till May 2023. She stayed beyond Nov 2022 as a deemed approval. Finally, after 4 months, received a status update on January 8th 2023 that the application is approved (visitor record valid till February 8th 2023 e.g. exactly 30 days from when the application got approved ) and that she need needs to do medicals within 30 days (not directly mentioned but assume its contingent on the medicals ?). Today received another update that the application is approved till Feb 8th.

Our application was for extension till May 10th. My hopeful interpretation is that, the current approval till Feb 8th is interim to give time for medicals (30 days) and when the medicals are clear they will approve till May 10th which was the original request in the application. And NOT that, even if she clear the medicals they will extend till Feb 8th only.

Can some one clarify? Trying to reach IRCC for clarification in parallel but busy lines as usual. Thanks in advance.
Same situation here,

Do you have any updates with these?

Thanks.

spidermark

Dec 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 15, 2014
AOR Received.
March 03, 2015
How did you guys get the Medical Exam Request? Through Email or Mail?
Do you need to wait for that request or can we take a medical exam by just using the Approval letter IMM 5754?

Thanks

AdilKar

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
How did you guys get the Medical Exam Request? Through Email or Mail?
Do you need to wait for that request or can we take a medical exam by just using the Approval letter IMM 5754?

Thanks
I got the medical request letters in MYCIC account for my parents.