+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Extension (for the 2nd time)

yogini

Star Member
Sep 26, 2010
Hi all,

I have a quick question: for those of you who have successfully extended your visitor visa for another 6 months, when you applied it for the 2nd time before the end of 6 months, did you write the same reasons like the ones you applied for the 1st time? Any successful cases?

I have heard that some people keep extending their visitor visa for up to 2 years (!). My boyfriend and I are planning to get married, but he has to move to Alberta for a new job in few days and we want him to settle everything there before we get married, so he has a good chance of sponsoring me. He just quit his temp. job last week.

I know it is better to tell them in details of why I want to extend my stay, but someone told me, it is better not to mention that we are planning to get married?

Thank you!

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Apply online you can use the same reasons it does not matter but the visa offier has to be convinced. Read other threads on this.

emanager

Mar 29, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
my parents visited me in 2011 when I was an international student(a family friend sponsored them), Now I am PR in Canada, instead of super-visa I am thinking to go for another visitor visa do you think it would be granted and for how long?