+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa extension for parents and medicals

minecraftwonderness

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
To keep it short,

Applied for extension (mum and daddy) via paper mail by Feb 2019. They were valid until the end of March originally. Meaning if we didn't apply for extension they have legal status until the end of March 2019 approx.

Applied to extend until Sep 2019.

They have multiple entry visitor visa for ten years each.

Today I got a request to submit medicals within 30 days from today.

But we changed our plan and will be leaving Canada by next week. Not going stay until September like we planned.

They both are awaiting PGP2018 and won't be returning any time soon unless it is about the PR process.

Can they just leave because they won't be returning and they won't be staying until September.

Any advice

Off topic:
Can someone please explain to me purpose of medicals for visitor extension? Heard It's like 500 bucks for each person. (Seems like a cash grab tbh lol) It's not like they are covered for any medicals. My parents have private health insurance. Why does the govt care about medicals for visitors that it won't allow for any medical treatment if need be. I'm genuinely wondering!?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Do the medical. The extension is given contingent to them passing. If they don’t submit the medical they will be considered having overstayed since March.

As far as a cash grab, IRCC probably doesn’t see any of the money. Healthcare, without insurance coverage in Canada isn’t cheap. This would apply to the medical exam for immigration

minecraftwonderness

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
Do the medical. The extension is given contingent to them passing. If they don’t submit the medical they will be considered having overstayed since March.

As far as a cash grab, IRCC probably doesn’t see any of the money. Healthcare, without insurance coverage in Canada isn’t cheap. This would apply to the medical exam for immigration
Thanks. Isn't that why we have private health insurance with the premium like $800 each and 300k to 400k coverage for each. I'd assume others buy the insurance too. In that case they could ask for the valid health insurance copy instead of asking for medicals.

Also I have to look into the dates for the availability for doctors dates. Can I do this from our home country and submit it? We literally have a few more days only in Canada. Need to visit some friends and shopping. If this email came in last week we would have some time to figure this out. Unless we can do it from our home country it would be hard to do it here.

minecraftwonderness

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
I am a bit confused now after creating this post.

In our PGP2018 application, my ecas shows application received and application received for both the areas.

In this mean time I also applied for their visitor visa extension.

How do I know if the medical request is for PR (PGP2018) or for the visitor visa extension?

How do we determine which is which? In my ecas the status is just applciation received without mentioning anything about the medical request. So can I conclude this is for the extension?

The application number starts with a letter V followed by 9 digits in these requests.