+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Extension for my Parents : Urgent

sudhanshu14

Oct 18, 2016
Hi

I have applied for the visitor visa extension (paper form) for my parent around 15-Sep-16, there 6 month stay in Canada is getting expired on 3-Nov-16. Till date we haven't received any acknowledgment or application status from the CIC.

We tried to reach CIC call centers at the numbers provided on the website, representative informed that my parents can continue to stay in Canada since we have already applied for visa extension and have proof of payment made. There won't be any acknowledgment from the CIC and they come under Implied status now.

My concern is since we don't have any document proof, how we can consider it as Implied Status. Please advise if they can continue to stay here after 6 month stay which completes on 03-Nov-16.

Regards
Sudhanshu Chopra

jpdx

Jul 22, 2012
sudhanshu14 said:
Hi

I have applied for the visitor visa extension (paper form) for my parent around 15-Sep-16, there 6 month stay in Canada is getting expired on 3-Nov-16. Till date we haven't received any acknowledgment or application status from the CIC.

We tried to reach CIC call centers at the numbers provided on the website, representative informed that my parents can continue to stay in Canada since we have already applied for visa extension and have proof of payment made. There won't be any acknowledgment from the CIC and they come under Implied status now.

My concern is since we don't have any document proof, how we can consider it as Implied Status. Please advise if they can continue to stay here after 6 month stay which completes on 03-Nov-16.

Regards
Sudhanshu Chopra
I hope I can help you by sharing my experience. :)

1. Processing time is around 45 days, below is an update from CIC as of today.

Visitor extension: These applications can be submitted online or by paper.

Online - 49 days
Working on applications received on August 18, 2016.

Paper - 115 days
Working on applications received on June 13, 2016.

2. Implied Status is very common because of the very lengthy wait time from CIC.
The Client ID with the Application # are enough to prove your application is in process.
There is no stamp or certificate to show your parents are on Implied Status, it is just a technical term.

3. Your parents are able to stay after 03-Nov-16 as long as the application is still in process.

nittinkumar

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Paper application processing time is 115 days,so ur parents can stay till decision,check ur email frequently.they send u email when cic made decision.