+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Extension during PR

canadasnk

Mar 11, 2017
Hello,

My husband would like to request a visitor visa extension whilst his PR is going through for extra security in case it is returned.

What is the best way to do this....should we state that he is awaiting PR and provide the receipt since we havent received aor yet? Or not mention it?

Also, I'm on maternity leave...should this be mentioned or should we leave it out as it may look like I cannot support him?

Are there any important documents we should include....bank statements, marriage certificate etc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

My husband would like to request a visitor visa extension whilst his PR is going through for extra security in case it is returned.

What is the best way to do this....should we state that he is awaiting PR and provide the receipt since we havent received aor yet? Or not mention it?

Also, I'm on maternity leave...should this be mentioned or should we leave it out as it may look like I cannot support him?

Are there any important documents we should include....bank statements, marriage certificate etc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!
Hi

He need to apply to extend his visitor status, not a visitor visa. Yes, he needs to state that he has applied for sponsorship and include the receipt. He also needs to include proof that he can support his extended stay. The document checklist tells you what else is required.

Reactions: canadasnk

canadasnk

Mar 11, 2017
@canuck_in_uk is there a minimum amount that should be shown in the account? Should I include my bank statements as well as his? Also, since I am on maternity leave and not returning to work for a few more months should I include statements of maternity pay that I receive or not even mention it as it may look like i cannot support him?

Thank you so much!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
@canuck_in_uk is there a minimum amount that should be shown in the account? Should I include my bank statements as well as his? Also, since I am on maternity leave and not returning to work for a few more months should I include statements of maternity pay that I receive or not even mention it as it may look like i cannot support him?

Thank you so much!
There is no minimum amount. He needs to show how he is supporting himself. If that is through his savings, then show that. If it is through a combination of your finances, then show that. Being on maternity is fine.

Reactions: canadasnk