+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Extension and Medical Request

muba

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Hello Friends,

I applied for TRV extension for my in-laws and after 4 months, yesterday got a status update saying application is approved and I got the visitor record as well, however the visa officer has asked to go for medical exam. Can someone suggest is this common or is it due to corona situation? And the medical exam fees of $300 per person would be covered under health/medical insurance? Please advise.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Friends,

I applied for TRV extension for my in-laws and after 4 months, yesterday got a status update saying application is approved and I got the visitor record as well, however the visa officer has asked to go for medical exam. Can someone suggest is this common or is it due to corona situation? And the medical exam fees of $300 per person would be covered under health/medical insurance? Please advise.
This is a normal part of the process. It's not related to COVID-19.

Normally medical exam fees are not covered under health/medical insurance. You should assume you'll need to pay this out of pocket.

muba

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
ok thanks for the response friend. My Father in law did heart by-pass surgery 2 years back, however no issues and he is healthy now. He is a diabetic patient as well and at times his pressure goes up little bit. Is there anything to be worried about on this?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
ok thanks for the response friend. My Father in law did heart by-pass surgery 2 years back, however no issues and he is healthy now. He is a diabetic patient as well and at times his pressure goes up little bit. Is there anything to be worried about on this?
Very hard to comment. Will depend on blood results and physical exam.

Elmi85

Apr 16, 2019
Hello Friends,

Hi, Im just wondering if your Immigration Clinic re-opened? My mother got her medical examination request on June 4th ( Immigration clinic in our area wont be re-open until August) then after 5 days she received her approval.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, Im just wondering if your Immigration Clinic re-opened? My mother got her medical examination request on June 4th ( Immigration clinic in our area wont be re-open until August) then after 5 days she received her approval.
Many are being waived.

muba

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I read somewhere in the forum that even though if the application is approved, if there is a medical request and if you do not honor it, then they reject the application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I read somewhere in the forum that even though if the application is approved, if there is a medical request and if you do not honor it, then they reject the application.
It could affect future applications. If you stay past 6 months you are already enjoying that extension but on implied status that is why you still need to do the medical even if the parent leaves. Seems counterintuitive but they still remained past the 6 months. Given covid a waiver may be possible especially in areas where there are lots of covid cases. Can’t hurt to ask.

Reactions: MathToStat

muba

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
It could affect future applications. If you stay past 6 months you are already enjoying that extension but on implied status that is why you still need to do the medical even if the parent leaves. Seems counterintuitive but they still remained past the 6 months. Given covid a waiver may be possible especially in areas where there are lots of covid cases. Can’t hurt to ask.
Ok. Understood your point. Could you please let me know the email address that I need to send an email to ask waiver from medical. And should I just mention that due to covid 19, immigration medical doctors are not open and as a result request waiver?

MathToStat

Jan 13, 2017
Ok. Understood your point. Could you please let me know the email address that I need to send an email to ask waiver from medical. And should I just mention that due to covid 19, immigration medical doctors are not open and as a result request waiver?
Hello muba,

Have you figured out how to ask for a waiver from medical exam? I am in a similar situation as you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is no waiver. Most doctors offices are open.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear canuck78, could you share experience about those people you mentioned who got waived from medical exam? Thank you in advance!
We are no longer in lockdown. Have never seen people get a waiver but with most things are now open so I don’t think there is a chance a waiver would be granted. I said people can try but the numbers have gone down dramatically since I posted this. If we were still in full lockdown and doctor offices were closed that would be different. As previously said visiting is a privilege so if people don’t want to do a medical they should go home.

MathToStat

Jan 13, 2017
We are no longer in lockdown. Have never seen people get a waiver but with most things are now open so I don’t think there is a chance a waiver would be granted. I said people can try but the numbers have gone down dramatically since I posted this. If we were still in full lockdown and doctor offices were closed that would be different. As previously said visiting is a privilege so if people don’t want to do a medical they should go home.
You are right, canuck78. I see you point. You are very knowledgeable and helpful. Many thanks to your time and knowledge. Have a great weekend!