+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa extension and Inside Canada study permit

rajnathan

Sep 11, 2019
I was in Canada on a visitor’s visa and planned to apply for a study permit from inside Canada (after completing the bridge course ESL). As I had applied for visitors visa extension followed by study permit in a span of 15 days received a rejection for study permit first and after 2 months or so received a refusal for visitors extension. Considering current pandemic situation can someone please suggest what should I be doing in order to restore my status with extending visitor visa or applying for study permit again.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I was in Canada on a visitor’s visa and planned to apply for a study permit from inside Canada (after completing the bridge course ESL). As I had applied for visitors visa extension followed by study permit in a span of 15 days received a rejection for study permit first and after 2 months or so received a refusal for visitors extension. Considering current pandemic situation can someone please suggest what should I be doing in order to restore my status with extending visitor visa or applying for study permit again.
You'll need to start by applying to restore your status back to visitor.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5551-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada.html#:~:text=Restoration of status,not longer than 90 days).

You can't apply for the study permit again until your status has been restored. It will likely take a few months for the restoration application to be processed.