+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa extension 2nd time.

SandhuHarry

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Hi everyone,

My mother came to Canada on visitor visa in Nov 2019, her 6 months stay ended in May. Due to this pandemic I applied for her extension in April 2020 till Aug 03, 2020. Biometric were requested but as per news they have exempted It, still there’s no change in her application, the request is still there & decision is pending.

My question is can I apply for 2nd extension ? If yes, do I have to wait for the decision on first extension application or I have to apply it before the expiry date of intended stay mentioned in first application i.e Aug03?

Thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

My mother came to Canada on visitor visa in Nov 2019, her 6 months stay ended in May. Due to this pandemic I applied for her extension in April 2020 till Aug 03, 2020. Biometric were requested but as per news they have exempted It, still there’s no change in her application, the request is still there & decision is pending.

My question is can I apply for 2nd extension ? If yes, do I have to wait for the decision on first extension application or I have to apply it before the expiry date of intended stay mentioned in first application i.e Aug03?

Thank you!
Yes you need to wait for the first extension.

SandhuHarry

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
you have implied status as long as the application is under process
not sure why Biometerics were requested. they are valid for 10yrs
any delay in processing is, i guess is good.
My mother got the visa in 2017, so she never done Biometrics. That’s why they requested. I’m still waiting no change In status yet.

Reactions: asaeed100

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
Yes, finally her application for extension was approved on Oct 10 2020 till Nov 9,2020 it took almost6 months,they also asked for medical exam.
good news
did you apply for 6 months or 12
was it her first of 2nd
did it take them 6 months to apply
are you planning on requesting another extension? if you dont mind my asking

Alliya

Dec 10, 2020
Hi everyone,

Thank you!
I am in the same situation now. But processing time for visitor extension is 192 days now. So By the time we get the paper it'll already be expired, because they maximum extend it for 6 months. So I have no idea how to apply for second extension if I haven't received the first one yet.

Reactions: asaeed100

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
I am in the same situation now. But processing time for visitor extension is 192 days now. So By the time we get the paper it'll already be expired, because they maximum extend it for 6 months. So I have no idea how to apply for second extension if I haven't received the first one yet.
so sit back an wait for a reply. but dont risk flying.

Ram_Shruti

Jan 20, 2021
Did you got any updates?, I too don't want my mom to travel at this time. Waiting for first extn to be processed, with 192 days mom will cross the time limit for thc next extn request

Ram_Shruti

Jan 20, 2021
After 203 days, my mom visitor extension got approved for 3 months, and we need to submit the medical report soon, thanks guys.