+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa - Extended Stay Due To COVID-19 Situation

dpkchaudhary

Sep 17, 2019
Hello All, Just to seek your assistance and insights if anyone had applied extension of visitor visa or new visa while staying in Canada due to COVID-19 situation
as they aren't able to return to their home country due to very less or no availability of commercial flights?

Currently, my mothers is in Canada on 6 months visitor visa and due to return in August. But due to COVId-19 situation we don't want her to leave Canada
first because of her age factor, lately, conditions ain't great in India and lastly less or no avail;ability of commercial flights.

So my query are;

1. Do we need to apply a new visitor visa or extension of her current visa?
2. Would she will get any bridging visa until the final decision on her new visa/extension of visa application so she can legally stay in Canada after the
expiry of her current maximum stay in Canada?

Many thanks in advance for your though and insights.

Best regards

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All, Just to seek your assistance and insights if anyone had applied extension of visitor visa or new visa while staying in Canada due to COVID-19 situation
as they aren't able to return to their home country due to very less or no availability of commercial flights?

Currently, my mothers is in Canada on 6 months visitor visa and due to return in August. But due to COVId-19 situation we don't want her to leave Canada
first because of her age factor, lately, conditions ain't great in India and lastly less or no avail;ability of commercial flights.

So my query are;

1. Do we need to apply a new visitor visa or extension of her current visa?
2. Would she will get any bridging visa until the final decision on her new visa/extension of visa application so she can legally stay in Canada after the
expiry of her current maximum stay in Canada?

Many thanks in advance for your though and insights.

Best regards
1. Extension.
2. As long as IRCC receives the extension application before her allowed visit ends, she will have implied status and can legally remain in Canada until a decision is made for the extension application.

dpkchaudhary

Sep 17, 2019
1. Extension.
2. As long as IRCC receives the extension application before her allowed visit ends, she will have implied status and can legally remain in Canada until a decision is made for the extension application.
Many thanks Scylla for your kind response and information. Certainly, it would assist me to apply for her extension of further stay in Canada. Thanks Again:)

Reactions: asaeed100