+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa expiring soon

inq_54

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
Category........
CEC
Hi All, need help to understand all possible options.

My mom's visitor visa is expiring on 26th February and she is booked on a return flight back home for February 10th.

In case situation worsens due to COVID and flights are cancelled, what options are available for her to stay after her visa expiry in Canada?

She doesn't have visa for any other country.

I understand visitor record extension doesn't apply here since her visa itself is expiring and not the visitor status.

If there are no options for her to stay here, I'm thinking to change her return flight to this week so she can get back home while flights are still running. Want to understand all options before making this decision.

Thanks for any help provided.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All, need help to understand all possible options.

My mom's visitor visa is expiring on 26th February and she is booked on a return flight back home for February 10th.

In case situation worsens due to COVID and flights are cancelled, what options are available for her to stay after her visa expiry in Canada?

She doesn't have visa for any other country.

I understand visitor record extension doesn't apply here since her visa itself is expiring and not the visitor status.

If there are no options for her to stay here, I'm thinking to change her return flight to this week so she can get back home while flights are still running. Want to understand all options before making this decision.

Thanks for any help provided.
She should apply for the extension.

I'm not sure why you think this doesn't apply to her situation. It does. She should apply for an extension if you want her to stay.

inq_54

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
Category........
CEC
She should apply for the extension.

I'm not sure why you think this doesn't apply to her situation. It does. She should apply for an extension if you want her to stay.
Thank you. I assumed since her multiple entry visitor visa is expiring in February we cannot apply to extend her visitor record and she would have to return back home to apply for a new visitor visa.

I will take your advice and apply for extension if flights gets cancelled all of a sudden.