+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Denied

toro345

Aug 25, 2018
Hi , I am a PR holder in Canada and recently applied for Visa for my parents which got denied.
I had explained that I will take care of their stay here - with my proof of funds from Canadian Bank account
I would like to understand if the best course of action is a) to raise a webform and provide proof of funds from my parents bank account. b) Reapply with new details ?

Timelines are as follows
Feb 6 - Submitted online
Feb 7 - Request for biometrics
Feb 13 - Provided Biometrics
Feb 20 - Letter of refusal on grounds of funds and purpose not being consistent with stay.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi , I am a PR holder in Canada and recently applied for Visa for my parents which got denied.
I had explained that I will take care of their stay here - with my proof of funds from Canadian Bank account
I would like to understand if the best course of action is a) to raise a webform and provide proof of funds from my parents bank account. b) Reapply with new details ?

Timelines are as follows
Feb 6 - Submitted online
Feb 7 - Request for biometrics
Feb 13 - Provided Biometrics
Feb 20 - Letter of refusal on grounds of funds and purpose not being consistent with stay.
Your parents were refused so why raise a webform. Reapply with their own funds. If not applying for a supervisa, your funds do not have to be considered. How long was visit? How much will they have in their accounts?

toro345

Aug 25, 2018
Your parents were refused so why raise a webform. Reapply with their own funds. If not applying for a supervisa, your funds do not have to be considered. How long was visit? How much will they have in their accounts?
I had initially applied saying 3 months. Should I change the duration if I reapply again , will that help ? Is there a general guidance of how much funds per month per person ?
I was considering webform as it said use this if you want to "give new information about my application"

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I had initially applied saying 3 months. Should I change the duration if I reapply again , will that help ? Is there a general guidance of how much funds per month per person ?
I was considering webform as it said use this if you want to "give new information about my application"
3 months is too long and shows few ties to home country. For a 2-3 week want to show a minimum of $10k after airfare/insurance and not be depleting all their funds.

toro345

Aug 25, 2018
3 months is too long and shows few ties to home country. For a 2-3 week want to show a minimum of $10k after airfare/insurance and not be depleting all their funds.
Thankyou this is helpful. So 20L INR for both parents for 2 weeks. ? Will it be OK , as my initial application had 3 months and now I am changing it ? Is there a way to correct this rather than re-apply all over again ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thankyou this is helpful. So 20L INR for both parents for 2 weeks. ? Will it be OK , as my initial application had 3 months and now I am changing it ? Is there a way to correct this rather than re-apply all over again ?
I don’t see how you can ask for reconsideration as you were refused. Usually file is closed. if you want to try then go ahead and find out.

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
As I always say, approval or disapproval is random. My mother in law got her visitor visa approved in two months, despite not having ANY money of her own. My wife and I submitted proof of our income and that was sufficient. But then no one in the country where my wife is from has any money at all, unless they work for Castro Inc.