+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa delayed

nk1

Aug 19, 2020
Hello All
I hope you are doing well. I’m starting this post as I really need a valued advice and help from you. My parents applied for their visitor visa from Greece last April 2021. It’s been so long that we haven’t received any update. Since the day we have applied it says that they are processing the background check. Even the processing time isn’t that long from Greece. I’ve applied for their visitor visa so that they can see my convocation. Unfortunately that event has passed long ago and now I’m afraid that their visa will get refused.
We have called them multiple times but it goes directly to voicemail. Please advice what should I do?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All
I hope you are doing well. I’m starting this post as I really need a valued advice and help from you. My parents applied for their visitor visa from Greece last April 2021. It’s been so long that we haven’t received any update. Since the day we have applied it says that they are processing the background check. Even the processing time isn’t that long from Greece. I’ve applied for their visitor visa so that they can see my convocation. Unfortunately that event has passed long ago and now I’m afraid that their visa will get refused.
We have called them multiple times but it goes directly to voicemail. Please advice what should I do?
They should reapply through the new portal.

nk1

Aug 19, 2020
So they need to withdraw this application? Do we have to pay the application and other fees again? And do you how long the results of visitor visa mostly take?

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
Hello All
Try to raise an IRCC webform. https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Rubydairy

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
I am in the same situation, applied for visiting visa since January 21, 2021. No single update till date. Don't even know what to do next.

nk1

Aug 19, 2020
This is really depressing. Waiting for too long. I guess we have to apply again as they are not gonna check old files :/