25 October 2012
Passport Req..
Passport & medicals sent on 27 March 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 November 2012
LANDED..........
March 2013
Hi Guys

Do I need to mention exact date of leaving canada in invitation letter, if I sponsor my husband to visit me in Canada., or Should I just mention period of visit like, May-Aug?

Thanks for your attention

Esther2010

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simron said:
Hi Guys

Do I need to mention exact date of leaving canada in invitation letter, if I sponsor my husband to visit me in Canada., or Should I just mention period of visit like, May-Aug?

be specific with the date as they will check on how long is the duration of the visit.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You don't have to put the date by which your husband has to leave Canada. You can say you're inviting your husband for say 6-8 weeks between the months of May to August. Your husband has to show "ties" with the country he's coming from, though.

Simron said:
Hi Guys

_696_

Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not yet
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Exact Dates are not necessary. Visitor visas are issued and valid for 6 motnhs unless otherwise specified, but we do not necessary are going to use them right away, so once the person enters Canada this 6 months get "renewed". Also, airlines may change your departure date on the fly, and visitors are also not encouraged to buy tickets before they get their visas, availability may differ from what you say the departure day will be.