+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa - Canada Inquiries

evcp

Apr 4, 2015
Hiya!

So I need some assistance my girlfriend's nationality is Ukrainian and she requires a Visa in order to visit Canada but she's originally from Donetsk and because of the Crisis in Ukraine she was moved to Kharkov, Oblast unofficially and illegally she's also considered a refugee at the moment.

Our problem is she's unable to obtain the required documents needed in order to apply for a valid Visa, we are both beyond frustrated as we don't know what to do. I have contacted the Consulate in Lviv as well as the Embassy in Kyiv.

She is scared and doesn't know where to start or what to do she can't visit Kyiv or Lviv at the moment, I can't find any way of helping her from here. She can't visit her parents for help because of this war going on which is stressing both of us out.

The Embassy in Kyiv sent me informational links, the Consulate in Lviv said that the documents for refugee's are handled by local Ukrainian Authorities.

I don't know what to do I want to bring her here someway Visa - Exempt and somehow having her prove to the Border Officials that she will be returning to her home country after her visit.

I will be paying for her plane ticket, she has her passport WHAT CAN WE DO? I have been pulling my hair out for the past month researching ways to obtain a Visa but to no avail have I found any solution.

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016 - SA:25/10/2016 - AOR2: 22/12/16
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
I'm sorry to hear about your situation, and I honestly don't really know what you guys can do at the moment. This must be so stressful :(

Does she have access to any documents at all to start the visa process? Things like bank records, rental agreement and such? To be honest, considering everything that is going on over there, even if you had a complete application, I don't know how successful you could be. It would be hard to prove to CIC that she would be going back after her visit to Canada, but you can try with the information that you have. Write a strong invitation letter for her with all your financial situation. Make her write a detailed intent letter as well explaining everything about her intentions for this trip and current situation. Give anything she might have to prove ties back home, even letters from family members etc... It's worth a shot...

I know, this is not much help I'm sorry.. Good luck! :)