BVL & PPR: Today (Jan 18th)

Here's the timeline for my parents -

Type of Visa: Visitor Visa
Application submitted: on 27th Dec, 2021 using GCKey
BIL: Received on 28th Dec
Biometric submitted: On Jan 10th
BVL & PPR: Not received yet
Hi,
Did you apply from within Canada or outside ? If later (please specify).
Also currently i see the TRV processing time from "Outside of Canada" (Country-Singapore) is 33 days & "Inside of Canada" is 143 days.
In this case should i submit an online application and it will automatically take Singapore processing time (based on my mentioned country of residence)
OR
Should i go to Canadian VAC here in Singapore and submit from there so as to ensure it get processed as per mentioned Singapore processing timeframe.

FeiraEvans

Nov 23, 2021
SUCCESS!!!
GCKey Application (Old Portal; wasn't aware of the new portal at the time of application)
Parents Visitor Visa Application from India:

Applied: 22 December 2021
BIL: 23 December 2021
Biometrics: 05 January 2022 (updated same day on the profiles)
Review Started: 13 or 14 January 2022
BVL & PPR: 20 January 2022 (exactly 15 days after Biometrics)

It is their first Visa application for any country.
Mother working (Govt employee) and Father retired (Govt job).
For anyone wondering about the efficacy of the old portal, It is working and you don't need to be scared and reapply in the new portal.
Just make sure that your documents are in order and updated.
Thank you to each and everyone of you who shares and who helps others. I hope everyone hears good news soon.

Shob890

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Can a ukraine pr holder apply for visitor visa to Canada but doesn't have a ukraine passport?

banerjeea

Aug 8, 2021
To be honest, I do not know whether I sent the new portal or the old one. Only now I read in the forum that there are several of them. I really hope that our applications will be considered in the near future. In August, my application was reviewed in 4 days, but this time there is still no response. If you get an answer, please write in the forum.
My husband applied online on 16th august 2021. biometrics done on 1st oct 2021. the portal says application under process. it also mentions that he does not need any medical examination, no interview and no additional documents required. Under back ground check, it says we are processing your background, if we need any further information, we will message you. My husband background check should be clear. Never over stayed in any country we have visited. We are surprised why there is no response till date. Applying again is a tedious process. So confused.

Nishmaha

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Applied September 14 and no news yet.
Applied on August 24th and Biometrics on September 24th and still waiting, are you going to apply on new portal?
Thanks. My parents Biometric got completed on Sep 14, 21. Since then there has been no updates. I just sent a web form request, let's see if they reply.

Otherwise, I am planning to re-apply using new portal in Jan first week.
Applied on August 24th and Biometrics on September 24th and still waiting,did you apply via new portal?

banerjeea

Aug 8, 2021
Hi !

My husband applied on 16th Aug. using GC KEY which is a IRCC PORTAL.

He received a letter for biometrics which was done on 1st October. Since then we are just waiting and waiting.

Now I hear there is a new portal and he needs to apply again which means going through the entire procedure once again,
pay the fees once again. Can someone please share the new portal link?

Regarding reapplying, my husband is worried as he has been issued an application no and a UCI no. How do we reapply
when one application is already there? Do we withdraw the earlier application and then go ahead? Has anybody done that

Nishmaha

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Hi !

My husband applied on 16th Aug. using GC KEY which is a IRCC PORTAL.

He received a letter for biometrics which was done on 1st October. Since then we are just waiting and waiting.

Now I hear there is a new portal and he needs to apply again which means going through the entire procedure once again,
pay the fees once again. Can someone please share the new portal link?

Regarding reapplying, my husband is worried as he has been issued an application no and a UCI no. How do we reapply
when one application is already there? Do we withdraw the earlier application and then go ahead? Has anybody done that
Looking at the thread and replies, if you google new ircc portal, you will find the wesbite, once you apply in it, your old application will be withdrawn automatically, and there are people who applied in new portal since September and are still waiting. So i am confused, should i re apply or just wait. and yes, you have to pay the fees again and re-apply in the new portal

Feb 11, 2022
Any clue! I applied via gc key in Aug 2020 waited for this much time, again appied on new portal on 4th Jan 2022. Biometric was done with the old application itself on 17 aug 2021, however old application has been withdrawn. Any idea how much time it can take. Waiting to be reunite with my husband.

Nishmaha

Star Member
May 22, 2020
I Finally got my parents visitor visa approved and request for Passport, the only solution is Patience !

Geeeeet

Nov 17, 2021
Looking at the thread and replies, if you google new ircc portal, you will find the wesbite, once you apply in it, your old application will be withdrawn automatically, and there are people who applied in new portal since September and are still waiting. So i am confused, should i re apply or just wait. and yes, you have to pay the fees again and re-apply in the new portal
UCI will remain the same? how about biometric as my parent already gave their medical and biometric, please help