+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa- Before/After September 7 - 2021

FeiraEvans

Nov 23, 2021
Sorry for the stupid question, I have just applied my parent's visitor visa using gckey ( As I wasn't aware of the new IRCC portal). Is it mandatory to submit any new visitor visa application using only the new IRCC portal?
Hi, I am in the same boat as you. I applied for my parent's visitor visa through GCkey. I got to know today that there is another portal for visitor visa which is supposed to be "faster" than GCkey.
Although I am scared myself but I can tell you about my updates so far:
File submitted on 22 Dec 2021
Got BIL within 24 hours
Got Biometrics appointment for 05 Jan 2022
Did biometrics and it got updated within 24 hours on the file.
It now shows that Biometrics are completed.
I know my details are not very reassuring to you at this moment because the real wait begins after biometrics. I don't know what will happen going further.
I don't know why IRCC has created this confusion. If they started a new portal, then they should have stopped taking visitor visa applications via GCkey.
Please let me know if you find out anything new and I'll do the same. We are in this together.

Kookolka

Jan 4, 2022
Hi, I am in the same boat as you. I applied for my parent's visitor visa through GCkey. I got to know today that there is another portal for visitor visa which is supposed to be "faster" than GCkey.
Got BIL within 24 hours
I know my details are not very reassuring to you at this moment because the real wait begins after biometrics. I don't know what will happen going further.
I don't know why IRCC has created this confusion. If they started a new portal, then they should have stopped taking visitor visa applications via GCkey.
Please let me know if you find out anything new and I'll do the same. We are in this together.
Oh sure. Thank you for responding. Let's stick together. Our biometric data was ready. The last update was 12/30/21 Today we checked the waiting time of 8 days on the site. But I was told today that visitors are not allowed into the country now. I don't know how true this is. I plan to check this information tonight. If you know something, write. Thank you

Whit

Dec 22, 2021
Got BIL within 24 hours
Is there a new portal? I used www.cic.gc. Submitted my biometric on 6th. I haven’t received any response too

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Oh sure. Thank you for responding. Let's stick together. Our biometric data was ready. The last update was 12/30/21 Today we checked the waiting time of 8 days on the site. But I was told today that visitors are not allowed into the country now. I don't know how true this is. I plan to check this information tonight. If you know something, write. Thank you
Visitors are allowed into the country as long as they are fully vaccinated.

FeiraEvans

Nov 23, 2021
Thanks

Can you please tell me where to get the invitation code?

And if we have already submitted through Gkey, then again can we submit through this site that you submitted? Thank you
Just go to https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html, click on 'visit', then go from there, you will get the invitation code.
I have submitted through GCkey not through IRCC portal and I am not submitting again.
If you want to submit again, you can but your previous application will be withdrawn. You'll also have to repay the application fee and Biometrics fee if biometrics are not already done.
I am not sure which portal is better or faster. When I check the forum regarding it, I get mixed reviews. So, I am sticking with my GCKey application for now and hoping for the best.

Kookolka

Jan 4, 2022
Just go to https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html, click on 'visit', then go from there, you will get the invitation code.
I have submitted through GCkey not through IRCC portal and I am not submitting again.
If you want to submit again, you can but your previous application will be withdrawn. You'll also have to repay the application fee and Biometrics fee if biometrics are not already done.
I am not sure which portal is better or faster. When I check the forum regarding it, I get mixed reviews. So, I am sticking with my GCKey application for now and hoping for the best.
Thank you. If the application is withdrawn, then I better not play. Let it remain as it is, our biometrics were counted on 12/30/21, so I hope for the nearest consideration. We are looking forward to a positive response and hope for the best. If you get any updates, please write here. Good luck everyone!

sunandaece10

Jan 6, 2022
Here's the timeline for my In-laws -

Type of Visa: Visitor Visa
Application submitted: on 5th Jan, 2022 using GCKey
BIL: Received on 6th Jan
Biometric submitted: On Jan 11th
BVL & PPR: Today (Jan 18th)

Here's the timeline for my parents -

Application submitted: on 27th Dec, 2021 using GCKey
BIL: Received on 28th Dec
Biometric submitted: On Jan 10th
BVL & PPR: Not received yet

sunandaece10

Jan 6, 2022
Got BIL within 24 hours
Here's the timeline for my In-laws -

Application submitted: on 5th Jan, 2022 using GCKey
BIL: Received on 6th Jan
Biometric submitted: On Jan 11th
BVL & PPR: Today (Jan 18th)

Here's the timeline for my parents -

Application submitted: on 27th Dec, 2021 using GCKey
BIL: Received on 28th Dec
Biometric submitted: On Jan 10th
BVL & PPR: Not received yet

marketyourself

Star Member
Oct 27, 2021
Here's the timeline for my personal TRV:

Applied from the USA (Currently here on B1/B2 Visa)

1st Application GC Key: September 23, 2021
BIL: September 6, 2021
Biometrics given and updated: September 23, 2021
Eligibility Review Started: October 19, 2021

BVL and PPR Received: January 18, 2022

2nd Application IRCC Portal: November 10, 2021
Biometrics updated in portal: November 10, 2021

NO UPDATES AFTER THAT.

I Got a question, now since I received PPR for my GC Key application, should I submit a withdrawal form for my IRCC Portal Application, or just leave it as it is?

Thanks.