+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa- Before/After September 7 - 2021

memdan

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Hello Friends

I've created this thread to see the current process time of some specific visitor visa as per policy announced on 7 Sep 2021.
I also want to get feedback/suggestion from you that, can our (inland) immediate family member apply in this stream as visitor visa now.
IRCC clearly said "We’ll contact you within 14 to 30 business days of getting your complete application."

It means they will process some specific following applications faster.

To unite with an immediate family member who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
To unite with an immediate family member who is in Canada temporarily
To unite with an extended family member who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada.
To visit on business (meeting, special event, training)
To attend an end-of-life ceremony or funeral
To be present during the final moments of life of a loved one
To provide care to a critically ill person
To join a vessel as a marine crew member
To assume a posting as a diplomat or to travel as an accompanying immediate family member of a diplomat arriving on posting who will also be accredited in Canada
To handle the affairs of a victim of Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS752

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada.html?outside
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-visitor-visa.html

I would also appreciate if you share your timelines (who fall in these category and recently got some updates from IRCC regarding their applications).

Thanks

memdan

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
As per my knowledge, I did not read anywhere that they will do faster.
I assumed myself they will do faster because IRCC says "We’ll contact you within 14 to 30 business days of getting your complete application."
Its too early & we don't know how many days they are taking to complete old applications (before 7 Sep2021)/new application (after 7 Sep 2021).
That's why I have created this thread to know the actual process time for some visitor visa.

Apply only if you’re eligible to travel to Canada right now
  • We strongly encourage you to wait until you’re eligible to travel to Canada before you submit a visitor visa application. Find out if you can enter Canada.
    • Travel restrictions are in place across all border crossings.
  • We’ll contact you within 14 to 30 business days of getting your complete application.
  • If you already submitted an application for a visitor visa and are eligible to travel, see the instructions for visitor visa applicants.
Ref:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-visitor-visa.html

virtwo

May 18, 2020
I applied for my parents Visa (using GC key) in August but have not seen any updates after Biometric. I don't think they asked for Covid vaccination proof back then.

Do I need to reapply using the new site?

RavRishi

Jun 12, 2020
Hi everyone,
My friend is in India and on his PGWP.
He applied TRV from inside Canada on May 26 2021 and went to India on Nov 09 2021.
On Dec 04 2021
As per consultant his eligibility went to in review.. but on Monday consultant said it again went to review not started.

Really worried what to do
Please advise..

ipkonfig

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
I submitted three applications for my parents. Two via the old GCkey portal (on August 15 and October 26). One via the new IRCC portal (on November 3). The eligibility review has started for the October 26th application that was submitted via the old GCKey portal.

Reactions: virtwo

virtwo

May 18, 2020
Thanks. My parents Biometric got completed on Sep 14, 21. Since then there has been no updates. I just sent a web form request, let's see if they reply.

Otherwise, I am planning to re-apply using new portal in Jan first week.

asraniveena

Jan 4, 2022
Hello Friends

I've created this thread to see the current process time of some specific visitor visa as per policy announced on 7 Sep 2021.
I also want to get feedback/suggestion from you that, can our (inland) immediate family member apply in this stream as visitor visa now.
IRCC clearly said "We’ll contact you within 14 to 30 business days of getting your complete application."

It means they will process some specific following applications faster.

To unite with an immediate family member who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
To unite with an immediate family member who is in Canada temporarily
To unite with an extended family member who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada.
To visit on business (meeting, special event, training)
To attend an end-of-life ceremony or funeral
To be present during the final moments of life of a loved one
To provide care to a critically ill person
To join a vessel as a marine crew member
To assume a posting as a diplomat or to travel as an accompanying immediate family member of a diplomat arriving on posting who will also be accredited in Canada
To handle the affairs of a victim of Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS752

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada.html?outside

I would also appreciate if you share your timelines (who fall in these category and recently got some updates from IRCC regarding their applications).

Thanks
Hi I applied for my grandparents visitor
Submitted - 31st August 2021
Biometrics done - 8th October 2021
stuck on background check ever since...no response

Last edited:

sunandaece10

Jan 6, 2022
Sorry for the stupid question, I have just applied my parent's visitor visa using gckey ( As I wasn't aware of the new IRCC portal). Is it mandatory to submit any new visitor visa application using only the new IRCC portal?

Kookolka

Jan 4, 2022
Sorry for the stupid question, I have just applied my parent's visitor visa using gckey ( As I wasn't aware of the new IRCC portal). Is it mandatory to submit any new visitor visa application using only the new IRCC portal?
To be honest, I do not know whether I sent the new portal or the old one. Only now I read in the forum that there are several of them. I really hope that our applications will be considered in the near future. In August, my application was reviewed in 4 days, but this time there is still no response. If you get an answer, please write in the forum.