+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISITOR VISA AS AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT

rani3110

Dec 22, 2022
Hi

I applied for a Visitor visa on the 21st of November and I still haven't received an update. My anxiety is piling up because I have a flight coming up soon and would love to have my visa by then. The problem is, I am now overthinking and I don't remember if I put "Extend my status as a visitor" or "restore my status as a visitor". I don't remember what I chose and am now panicking because what if I applied for a visitor record by mistake instead of a visitor visa. I already have a study permit valid for 6 months on record. Please tell me if choosing either of those choices makes a difference. Because the processing time for a visitor visa is 23 days and for a visitor record 193 days and I really don't want it to be a record.

Please let me know if any of you have any idea about this.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi

I applied for a Visitor visa on the 21st of November and I still haven't received an update. My anxiety is piling up because I have a flight coming up soon and would love to have my visa by then. The problem is, I am now overthinking and I don't remember if I put "Extend my status as a visitor" or "restore my status as a visitor". I don't remember what I chose and am now panicking because what if I applied for a visitor record by mistake instead of a visitor visa. I already have a study permit valid for 6 months on record. Please tell me if choosing either of those choices makes a difference. Because the processing time for a visitor visa is 23 days and for a visitor record 193 days and I really don't want it to be a record.

It's not clear where you are right now. Are you in Canada or are you outside of Canada?

Regradless, neither "extend my status as a visitor" nor "restore my status as a visitor" are the right options. If you want to be able to leave Canada and return, you need to apply for a new TRV.

@ali@hus

Aug 13, 2022
It's not clear where you are right now. Are you in Canada or are you outside of Canada?

Regradless, neither "extend my status as a visitor" nor "restore my status as a visitor" are the right options. If you want to be able to leave Canada and return, you need to apply for a new TRV.
No he is ok, you apply for a new TRV but there are three options in form IMM5708 which u need to tick one.
1) Extend my status as a visitor
2) Restore my status as a visitor
3) Get a new temporary resident permit (for inadmissible applicants only)

@ali@hus

Aug 13, 2022
Hi

I am in a similar situation, been waiting since sept 25th!!!