+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa approved while Sponsorship in Progress

prao2511

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Hi all,
I have submitted for my spouse under Family class on April 8 2019. Our file is in NewDelhi VO right now.
We have received our Pre arrival on Oct 12 2019. Since then we haven't heard back from them. When i applied for GCMS notes it in Oct it said Elgibility Passed and Security and Criminality not started.

On the another hand i had applied for Visitor visa for my wife 10 days ago and today it was approved. I am curious to know when they do the background check for visitor visa will they do Security and Criminality as a part of Background check?
If that is completed will that be applicable for Spousal sponsorship too.

Can some one able to help to answer the question

Thank you in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,
I have submitted for my spouse under Family class on April 8 2019. Our file is in NewDelhi VO right now.
We have received our Pre arrival on Oct 12 2019. Since then we haven't heard back from them. When i applied for GCMS notes it in Oct it said Elgibility Passed and Security and Criminality not started.

On the another hand i had applied for Visitor visa for my wife 10 days ago and today it was approved. I am curious to know when they do the background check for visitor visa will they do Security and Criminality as a part of Background check?

Thank you in advance
No - it won't be applicable. The background / security check for spousal sponsorship is far more extensive and thorough.

Reactions: prabhu1912

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It is wonderful that you got TRV approval. You may want to consider that if an interview is required it will in India. That may influence your plans.

prabhu1912

Nov 23, 2016
No - it won't be applicable. The background / security check for spousal sponsorship is far more extensive and thorough.
Thank you for your reply. Could you please tell how long does it take for security and criminality to pass ?

prabhu1912

Nov 23, 2016
It is wonderful that you got TRV approval. You may want to consider that if an interview is required it will in India. That may influence your plans.
Thank you. As per my gcms notes Eligibility is passed. I think interview is required only for validating the gunieness of relationship which seems to be passed as per gcms notes

Could you please tell me what is the difference in background check for visitor visa and spousal visa? It’s quite confusing me

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you. As per my gcms notes Eligibility is passed. I think interview is required only for validating the gunieness of relationship which seems to be passed as per gcms notes

Could you please tell me what is the difference in background check for visitor visa and spousal visa? It’s quite confusing me
It is more in depth.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hi all,

Thank you in advance

Congratulations. Can you pls share what supporting documents did you submit for the Visitor Visa application? thank you.

Reactions: Allysia

joz_cherian

Jun 19, 2017
Congratulations.

My application for spouse sponsorship is currently under process, i got my file number as I applied on October 10 th 2019. Can I apply for a visitor visa now? Is there any chance of rejection for spouse sponsorship application if I apply for visitor visa?