+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa applied through another CIC account

Priyanka87

Jan 24, 2020
Hello members
Please guide me . .I applied for visitor visa for my parents using my own CIC acct instead of creating new CIC account for parents.
I am permanent resident of Canada.
I wasn't aware of rule of creating separate CIC account for applicants.
Now should I withdraw the application and submit new application from parents CIC acct.
Will withdrawn application have any negative effect on new application??

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
Hello members
Please guide me . .I applied for visitor visa for my parents using my own CIC acct instead of creating new CIC account for parents.
Now should I withdraw the application and submit new application from parents CIC acct.
Can you share what happened later? Is it necessary to apply through a separate gckey account if a person is helping a friend or family member? Can he not use his personal CIC account?

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
Hello members

Hello, you can simply create a new CIC account and link your parents application into the new account. The same way you link any application to any CIC account

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
Hello, you can simply create a new CIC account and link your parents application into the new account. The same way you link any application to any CIC account
Hi,
Is there an issue if the application is not linked with the new account and stays in the same account of a family member?

mskr

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hello,
I am PR and living in Canada. I want to apply for my mother's visit visa online.

If my mother appoints me as non-paying representative and signs all her forms and give me all docs,
is it ok that I apply online on behalf of her from Canada though she is staying in Bangladesh.

Thanks.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello,
I am PR and living in Canada. I want to apply for my mother's visit visa online.

If my mother appoints me as non-paying representative and signs all her forms and give me all docs,
is it ok that I apply online on behalf of her from Canada though she is staying in Bangladesh.

Thanks.
Yes its okay to do that.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Thanks lot for the reply.
Can I use my cic account for her application or I have to open her account?
You can use your account while answering the questions for the checklist you would answer yes where it ask if you are applying for a family member. You will then be required to submit a form to represent a family member. But you can also open an account for them and answer questions/submit as if they are they ones submiting

mskr

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
You can use your account while answering the questions for the checklist you would answer yes where it ask if you are applying for a family member. You will then be required to submit a form to represent a family member. But you can also open an account for them and answer questions/submit as if they are they ones submiting
Many many thanks brother

Jacob8989

Jul 20, 2020
Hello folks does anyone know where are ircc now in processing the visitors visas i applied for my mom on the June 21st 2020 anyone have a timeline or stats where or which month they are now from my previous experiences in the groups some will do an excel sheet on where the cic is in processing application which month or which day so we can compare or expect when we can get a reply from them Thanks.