+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor VISA - Application submitted in Dec 2020

AngadTaneja

Dec 23, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Looking for some advice. I submitted a visitor VISA application for my girlfriend back in December 2020 and submitted the exemption during COVID travel under the category of Extended Family Member category. Here's the link for the same: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html

We got married in February 2020 and got the Marriage Certificate registered and apostilled by MEA. Submitted the same and updated the application back in April 2020.

As of now, it is stuck for Biometrics and VFS in India is not allowing to schedule appointments for the same.

Could you please advise on the following:
1. Is there a way to get exemption from Biometrics? If not, is there an option via which it can be scheduled?
2. Should we withdraw this application and submit a new one? Or will that lead to even longer waiting period?
3. We would not like to proceed with the sponsorship for now but intend to have visitor VISA for as long as possible. Please advise if there is any other alternative.

Regards,
Angad

pkb90

Dec 1, 2015
Hi Everyone,

Looking for some advice. I submitted a visitor VISA application for my girlfriend back in December 2020 and submitted the exemption during COVID travel under the category of Extended Family Member category. Here's the link for the same: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html

We got married in February 2020 and got the Marriage Certificate registered and apostilled by MEA. Submitted the same and updated the application back in April 2020.

As of now, it is stuck for Biometrics and VFS in India is not allowing to schedule appointments for the same.

Could you please advise on the following:
1. Is there a way to get exemption from Biometrics? If not, is there an option via which it can be scheduled?
2. Should we withdraw this application and submit a new one? Or will that lead to even longer waiting period?
3. We would not like to proceed with the sponsorship for now but intend to have visitor VISA for as long as possible. Please advise if there is any other alternative.

Regards,
Angad
Biometrics are open in India for all visa categories,as far as I know.You can check CIC website.