+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa application has been marked non routine

dream_on_7

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
Applied for TRV for wife on new portal on May 26th 2022.
May 31st biometrics completed(But there was an issue with the thumb impression not getting deducted). It passed the next day.

Reached out to MP as we crossed 2 months
MP office responded saying eligibility in Progress and background completed.
But they also said it’s marked as non routine.
Is that an issue? Is there a way to resolve this? also we have an online spousal application in progress,would that get affected?
Any inputs would be appreciated

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Applied for TRV for wife on new portal on May 26th 2022.
May 31st biometrics completed(But there was an issue with the thumb impression not getting deducted). It passed the next day.

Reached out to MP as we crossed 2 months
MP office responded saying eligibility in Progress and background completed.
But they also said it’s marked as non routine.
Is that an issue? Is there a way to resolve this? also we have an online spousal application in progress,would that get affected?
Any inputs would be appreciated
No way to resolve it. It may be flagged as non routine because you have an outland spousal application. For TRV, your spouse is showing that she is coming to visit (strong ties, funds, travel history) and not move permanently.

dream_on_7

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
No way to resolve it. It may be flagged as non routine because you have an outland spousal application. For TRV, your spouse is showing that she is coming to visit (strong ties, funds, travel history) and not move permanently.
Yeah we have showed enough funds,her funds and my funds to the tune of 20k cad.
And we also had ticket booking. She has properties and a stable IT job in India.
What do you reckon would happen post this? Do we wait? Or resubmit visitor?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yeah we have showed enough funds,her funds and my funds to the tune of 20k cad.
And we also had ticket booking. She has properties and a stable IT job in India.
What do you reckon would happen post this? Do we wait? Or resubmit visitor?
Wait for a response for TRV as processing average 5-6 months. No reason to reapply.

dream_on_7

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
Wait for a response for TRV as processing average 5-6 months. No reason to reapply.
We have applied for US b1/b2 aswell and we have a slot in Sept. Should we reapply if we get the b1/b2 as applications with valid b1/b2 get approved almost immediately(Atleast based on the trends I have seen)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We have applied for US b1/b2 aswell and we have a slot in Sept. Should we reapply if we get the b1/b2 as applications with valid b1/b2 get approved almost immediately(Atleast based on the trends I have seen)
You can if you want. IRCC decides if processed through CAN+.

baranoth

Star Member
Jun 15, 2022
My fiancee is also a US B1 visa holder. It hasn't helped her so far. Been almost 4 months since we applied. So you can't say for certain if it'll get picked up as CAN+.

Aaru9667

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
If you get the visa, update them with a webform first - maybe that would help