+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa application for Single Parent

Sandhu26

Jan 27, 2018
Hello Everyone,
I am canadian PR and I came to India in December 2020 since then I am in India.
While going back to Canada, I want to take my mom along.
Couple of questions I have:
Can I apply for visitor visa for my mom right now or should I go back to Canada and then apply?
What all documents I need to apply visitor visa?
Is Canada approving visa right now or no due to restrictions in place?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You aren’t applying for a visa, your mother is. You can’t invite her to Canada since you are not in the country. She needs to show strong ties to country, funds, good travel history etc. to be approved.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,
I am canadian PR and I came to India in December 2020 since then I am in India.
While going back to Canada, I want to take my mom along.
Couple of questions I have:
Can I apply for visitor visa for my mom right now or should I go back to Canada and then apply?
What all documents I need to apply visitor visa?
Is Canada approving visa right now or no due to restrictions in place?
Would be much better if you returned to Canada and established yourself for a while before inviting her given that you have been outside Canada for about a year and possibly living with her.

njab

Jul 14, 2018
hi,
I am Non Canadian but my daughter was born in canada when i came in 2003 as refugee claimant. Then after refusal of asylum I returned to my country in 2005. i gave birth to my daughter in canada and took her back with me to my country.

I am a working sigle parent now, financially strong and have visited 13 countries in past 8 years including USA and UK. My TRV for canada was refused in 2018 due to weak application as i didnot showcase strong ties with home land while i applied online without proper paperwork :( .
Now my 18 years old daughter is in Canada and staying with my friend to complete her high school. i support her financially and have rest of my family with me. i want to meet my daughter in December and My question is that can i apply TRV to meet her?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hi,
I am Non Canadian but my daughter was born in canada when i came in 2003 as refugee claimant. Then after refusal of asylum I returned to my country in 2005. i gave birth to my daughter in canada and took her back with me to my country.

I am a working sigle parent now, financially strong and have visited 13 countries in past 8 years including USA and UK. My TRV for canada was refused in 2018 due to weak application as i didnot showcase strong ties with home land while i applied online without proper paperwork :( .
Now my 18 years old daughter is in Canada and staying with my friend to complete her high school. i support her financially and have rest of my family with me. i want to meet my daughter in December and My question is that can i apply TRV to meet her?
Since your refugee claim was refused and you have a Canadian daughter, you need to show very strong ties, funds to travel, and travel history.

njab

Jul 14, 2018
Since your refugee claim was refused and you have a Canadian daughter, you need to show very strong ties, funds to travel, and travel history.
Thanks for replying. I am working from past 16 years, have remarried and my 3 children and studying in my home country. Moreover i have more than 100000 Can $ assets and funds in my name. my job is permanent and in an international organisation. I have travelled more than 13 countries and have a sound travel history. Please guide me if i am missing on anything

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for replying. I am working from past 16 years, have remarried and my 3 children and studying in my home country. Moreover i have more than 100000 Can $ assets and funds in my name. my job is permanent and in an international organisation. I have travelled more than 13 countries and have a sound travel history. Please guide me if i am missing on anything
You have a good profile but you have a failed refugee claim and a Canadian daughter living in Canada. You can apply and mention the failed refugee claim. Are your assests all in cash or liquid? If not, you want a strong bank account with cash. The most important travel is to visa countries of UK, US, NZ, and Australia as these countries called the “Five Eyes” share immigration information.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Very tough to say whether you’ll get a visa with your previous asylum claim. Denied asylum claims follow you for a very long time. Your home country will also be a big factor. The fact that your daughter returned to Canada as a minor without a parent also may create concerns.

njab

Jul 14, 2018
Very tough to say whether you’ll get a visa with your previous asylum claim. Denied asylum claims follow you for a very long time. Your home country will also be a big factor. The fact that your daughter returned to Canada as a minor without a parent also may create concerns.
i have strong ties with my country, have husband and 2 daughters here. the daughter in Canada is just a student and financially supported by me too. the asylum in 2003 was mainly claimed by my ex husband and i was his dependent at that time. Can i not visit my daughter in Canada ? :(

njab

Jul 14, 2018
You have a good profile but you have a failed refugee claim and a Canadian daughter living in Canada. You can apply and mention the failed refugee claim. Are your assests all in cash or liquid? If not, you want a strong bank account with cash. The most important travel is to visa countries of UK, US, NZ, and Australia as these countries called the “Five Eyes” share immigration information.
i have 30 k in cash and rest are my property and employment funds(PF and gratuity). I have travelled to UK and USA for pleasure in 2018 and 2019. I also gotten the GCMS notes for previous TRV refusal and it nowhere stated my previous claim but weak ties to homeland (as i mentioned it was a bad TRV application by me )
Plz tell me what u suggest now?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i have 30 k in cash and rest are my property and employment funds(PF and gratuity). I have travelled to UK and USA for pleasure in 2018 and 2019. I also gotten the GCMS notes for previous TRV refusal and it nowhere stated my previous claim but weak ties to homeland (as i mentioned it was a bad TRV application by me )
Plz tell me what u suggest now?
In your first post, you said you were single. Now you are marred. Did you receive a departure order and left within the time period? All you can do is try.

njab

Jul 14, 2018
i was single parent till 2019 then i remarried recently. apologies for confusion. Yes i left within 30 days of departure order.

titus_1992

Jun 10, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
@Naturgrl @njab @canuck78

On the checklist form for visitor visa I saw this question of travel history required and I'd like to know few things :

For the document, can I upload a file which contains the below
a) A cover page which says travel history
b) A page which gives a summary of the travel history (She has been only to switzerland & Oman with dates mentioned)
c) Copy of the visa and passport entry and exit stamps

There was no form i could download and the help text says this :

"
You must provide information on your valid visa from the United States as well as previous travel history. This can include copies of

• your previous passports and/or visas (used within the last 10 years to travel outside your country)
  • entry and exit stamps
  • study and/or work permits that indicate your duration outside of your country
  • expired or valid visas
  • boarding passes
If you hold a valid visa from the United States, provide a clear, scanned copy of your visa. If you are living outside your country of citizenship, please submit a copy of your immigration status document for the country where you currently reside. This could be a work permit, study permit, visa, or any other document that authorizes you to be in the country where you are living. "