+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Application after recent Outland Spousal Sponsorship Application

soniorc

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Hi Experts,
Creating this thread to have answers to few curious questions.
We have prepared all the documents and letter as per the requirement and ready to apply for my wife's Visitor Visa. I have one query though.
We have recently (Apr-15th) applied for a spousal PR sponsorship, We have just received a confirmation mail for submission which we are going to present in proof of relationship.

Do you recommend, putting these details in our invitation letter or cover letter as well ?
Also, Do you recommend Notarizing these letters?

Any leads are deeply appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Experts,
We have prepared all the documents and letter as per the requirement and ready to apply for my wife's Visitor Visa. I have one query though.
We have recently (Apr-15th) applied for a spousal PR sponsorship, We have just received a confirmation mail for submission which we are going to present in proof of relationship.

Do you recommend, putting these details in our invitation letter or cover letter as well ?

No need to notarize. To get the best chance of a spouse of a PR or citizen getting a TRV, your spouse needs proof of strong ties to her/his home country like employment, property ownership, etc., proof of savings, previous travel to places like the US, UK, Australia, authorized leave from work, etc. You need to show that your spouse will only be visiting you not moving to Canada. It used to be almost impossible for a spouse of a Canadian or PR to get a TRV. It has gotten a bit easier during the pandemic but it is far from guaranteed. There are many posts about spouses attempting to get TRVs. It also does seem to get easier the further you get in the process especially if an interview isn’t required.

Reactions: charliem

soniorc

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
No need to notarize. To get the best chance of a spouse of a PR or citizen getting a TRV, your spouse needs proof of strong ties to her/his home country like employment, property ownership, etc., proof of savings, previous travel to places like the US, UK, Australia, authorized leave from work, etc. You need to show that your spouse will only be visiting you not moving to Canada. It used to be almost impossible for a spouse of a Canadian or PR to get a TRV. It has gotten a bit easier during the pandemic but it is far from guaranteed. There are many posts about spouses attempting to get TRVs. It also does seem to get easier the further you get in the process especially if an interview isn’t required.
Thanks @canuck78 - That helps.

We have everything beside the travel history. One clarification though.. Do we need to mention in the letter of invitation or cover letter that we have applied for a spousal sponsorship?

soniorc

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
A follow-up ques.
Will your spouse/common-law partner accompany you to Canada?
What should my wife answer if I'm already in Canada. Yes or No.

coprwaitisover

Star Member
Jan 11, 2021
A follow-up ques.
Will your spouse/common-law partner accompany you to Canada?
What should my wife answer if I'm already in Canada. Yes or No.
What did you answer here? I am about to submit my TRV application and in the same situation as yours. Please help.

Sauravsrv

May 3, 2023
Hi Experts,

Hi,
If you applied for your spouse TRV after PR spousal PR application, did you got approved for TRV ( whatever is the result even after multiple times), can you share that. It would be very helpful.

Reactions: Ace...!