Med's Request
Feb 19, 2019
Med's Done....
March 2, 2019
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
My boyfriend and I are in the process of getting his visitor visa application together but i have a few questions before we submit it.

Just a little background about our situation - I met my boyfriend in Oct 2009 and we were together until he was removed in Aug 2011. He was removed by CBSA and was told he had to remain outside of Canada for a minimum of 1 year. He has been in his home country, St. Vincent, for almost 3 years now and has not been back to Canada since. He was removed because he had stayed longer than he was allowed to.

1: Does the invitation letter need to be notarized?

2: Should I mention in the invitation letter that most of his family lives in Canada? (hes an only child to a single mom who is unemployed and living abroad. His father is somewhere in the US and they've never met. When he was here in Canada before, he was staying with extended family - the only family he really knows.. in his home country, hes living with his great aunt and only has one other family member still living in St. Vincent.)

3:Since he was removed (but never received an exclusion letter) does he need to apply for an ARC? if yes, do we submit the ARC at the same time as the Visitor visa app? (

4:He still owes $1500.00 for removal expenses. Do we pay that before we submit the visa app?

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
1) No
2) On the contrary it will spoil the case - it will seem as if he is guaranteed to overstay + past case will make it shut case
3)

Exclusion Order (form number IMM 1214B)

a) If you were issued an Exclusion Order and

12 months have passed since you left Canada and
you have a Certificate of Departure (IMM 0056B) showing the date you left Canada
you do not need an ARC. You may return to Canada subject to normal examination at the port of entry.

b) If you wish to return to Canada less than 12 months after the Exclusion Order was issued, or do not have a Certificate of Departure, you need to apply for an ARC.

4)
Paragraph 243 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations stipulates that a foreign national who is removed at Canada's expense shall not return if the foreign national has not paid the removal costs of:

$750 for removal to the United States or St. Pierre and Miquelon; and
$1500 for removal to any other country.
If this applies in your case, and if your application is accepted, we will inform you of the fees to be paid before issuance of the authorization to return to Canada.