+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa and Work Permit

sourabh32

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Hello Everyone,
I am new and don't have much knowledge regarding tourist visa and work permit,
I am seeking for experts advise and want them to help me out honestly so please help me.
I am from India and I have heard about Visitor Visa to Canada & then find a job through employer and after getting offer letter can apply for LMIA to get work permit.
Is that true? If Yes then How?
Can I get Canada Tourist Visa easily?
Can I get job easily after coming to Canada, and can work in any other field or do I have to work in my skilled field?
Is getting LMIA & work permit easy? so that after an year or more i can apply for PR?
Can I call my wife to Canada with open work permit after getting my own work permit?

Please experts and everybody help me out seriously so that I can take a wise step for heading towards my future.

Reactions: raaju78

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hello Everyone,
I am new and don't have much knowledge regarding tourist visa and work permit,
I am seeking for experts advise and want them to help me out honestly so please help me.
I am from India and I have heard about Visitor Visa to Canada & then find a job through employer and after getting offer letter can apply for LMIA to get work permit.
Is that true? If Yes then How?
Can I get Canada Tourist Visa easily?
Can I get job easily after coming to Canada, and can work in any other field or do I have to work in my skilled field?
Is getting LMIA & work permit easy? so that after an year or more i can apply for PR?
Can I call my wife to Canada with open work permit after getting my own work permit?

Please experts and everybody help me out seriously so that I can take a wise step for heading towards my future.
1. Yes you can come to Canada as a tourist and if you can find an employer that can help you obtain a approved LMIA then you can apply for a work permit

2. No its not easy to get a Visitor Visa as it can be refused for reasons such as lack of home ties and even financial situation.

3. LMIA is very difficult to get. Employer must pay $1000 processing fee, advertise the position for 1 month before submission of LMIA and fill out all the required forms. This will take 4 to 6 months to process with no guarantee of approval. Most employer won't go through this process to hire someone who is not a citizen or PR. But you can try and hope you'd find an employer who is willing.

4. If You have enough work experience and educational qualifications, you may apply for the immigration streams that you can on the CIC website.

5. Your wife can apply for a open work permit only if your job is NOC 0,A or B and you have been working in Canada for 6 months or more. So her getting a open work permit depends on what kind of job you can get.

Reactions: raaju78