+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa and super visa

gayathry84

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Hi All

Hope everyont is staying safe and healthy!

I have two scenarios on hand and would request your expert opinion.

1. My father aged 70 yrs had applied for visitor visa in early 2019 and had got only one year validity ( expiring August 2020)- He could not travel in 2019 due to some health reasons and for obvious reasons could not travel in 2020. Now, if he wants to renew/reapply for visitor visa what would be the process. He has biometrics thankfully. The timeline will the same as TRV ( 248 days as of today) ?

2. For my in-laws we plan to apply super visa. My husband is the only son, so the plan is to get supervisa and then apply for PR in early 2022. Can we apply for PR for then while they are in canada or they need to be in home country? What is usually the success rate of getting a PR?
Their passport expires in 2024, so is there a way to renew it here if they are in Canada?

Thanks a lot in advance for your support always!

Gayathri

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All

Hope everyont is staying safe and healthy!

I have two scenarios on hand and would request your expert opinion.

1. My father aged 70 yrs had applied for visitor visa in early 2019 and had got only one year validity ( expiring August 2020)- He could not travel in 2019 due to some health reasons and for obvious reasons could not travel in 2020. Now, if he wants to renew/reapply for visitor visa what would be the process. He has biometrics thankfully. The timeline will the same as TRV ( 248 days as of today) ?

2. For my in-laws we plan to apply super visa. My husband is the only son, so the plan is to get supervisa and then apply for PR in early 2022. Can we apply for PR for then while they are in canada or they need to be in home country? What is usually the success rate of getting a PR?
Their passport expires in 2024, so is there a way to renew it here if they are in Canada?

Thanks a lot in advance for your support always!

Gayathri

1. He only got one year because there was likely concern about his ties to his home country and would not return home. He needs to reapply.

2. Your spouse can apply for a supervisa for his parents but that only guarantees a 2 year stay in Canada. Very few people get selected for PR for their parents after 3 years. It could take 10+ years. They are only visiting Canada and need to be prepared to return home. Being the only son does not guarantee that parents can remain in Canada. The PGP can change yearly and there is huge demand with limited spots due to Canada's already ageing population.